Author Topic: Hey Nanook I deleted ect  (Read 1287 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« on: February 14, 2004, 02:46:41 PM »
Hey Nanook I deleated your post on that new Marlin board as there is rules here against using this forum to lure members away from here to go to a other forum. So that is why  I deleted your post. Now if you want  to send some one to a place for a specific reason to find out info they are looking for fine. BUT post that are hey look at this site and come over here is one of the issues that are in the rules here so as a moderator just doing my job. It has nothing to do who posted it so I am not doing it because you did I would do it who ever posted it. If you do not believe me PM GB and he will let you know.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 03:03:48 PM »
Nanook I sent your message to GB and will let him take care of it. I will not be pushed on this I am running the board as I see fit and if you have a problem wtih that feel free to contact GB. I can only see by your last post you are disatisfied that I am running this forum as a open dicussion and am not just leaving it to talking about Marlins. IF you want folks to go the the other site that is your business just do not do it here as it is mine and Mr. Finnigans and GB's as it is against the rules. Now if you had posted some thing like Hey Jim if you need info on a Marlin 336 ect and refered me to a thread on it that would be fine. I also deleated your first post as that is what the rules here want me to do your post back showing the same place as a link and saying this is the place to go until this forum starts talking about marlins is unaceptable to  me. I will forward your info to GB and let him sort it out. Jim

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 03:07:04 PM »
While you are at it - advise Mr. Graybeard that there are exactly two (2) topics that discuss Marlins.  The rest are irrelevant, collectively being approximately 29 topics.  The lever action forum and the concealed carry forum are where I'm going.  I don't know if Dali even owns a Marlin, and you don't seem to care.

Offline jh45gun

Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 03:25:17 PM »
Nanook This is not the place to butt heads. I sent your issues to GB and he will sort it out. I also said I would run this board as a misc forum for any topic that any Former MT member or not ex MT member post as long as it was kept clean and no fighting ect You have a issue with this it is easy to solve vote for the split board like GB has said he would in our own little section here then you can post where you like about Marlins all you want and still use this as a misc forum. I do not have any issues with this just trying to do my job here as the rules say. That is one reason I am letting GB know about it and to let him make a decision on this issue. THis is why I think a split board will be good and that way you can post there or at the other ones also you can have the best of the whole site! I have posted on what the rules are here and that I have no issues as how it is run. If you have a issue feel free to contact GB that is fine with me I am just trying to do my job here with as little friction as possible. Jim

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 03:34:01 PM »
You are doing an excellent job.  Thank you for the Lever, Concealed Carry and 1911 forums - will focus my energy there, in an attempt to learn as much as possible and help if I can.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 06:54:45 PM »
Personally I honestly to not care how we set this up. I'm willing to do what you guys using it want. I just need to know what folks want. I really hate to do something that a vocal minority want that is against what the silent majority want. BUT if folks don't tell me I can only go on what I'm told.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 05:34:10 AM »
Quote from: Nanook 450
I don't know if Dali even owns a Marlin, and you don't seem to care.
Dali Llama say that, for information of Nanook 450, he do own fine Marlin weaponry.  Dali say that, apparently unlike Nanook 450, jh45gun not extremely concerned about what brand weapon Dali possess and understand that be Dali's business.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
Hey Nanook I deleted ect
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 04:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Quote from: Nanook 450
I don't know if Dali even owns a Marlin, and you don't seem to care.
Dali Llama say that, for information of Nanook 450, he do own fine Marlin weaponry.  Dali say that, apparently unlike Nanook 450, jh45gun not extremely concerned about what brand weapon Dali possess and understand that be Dali's business.

You are the only poster I've ever had the displeasure of reading insofar as your always talking in the 3rd person.  You are not now, nor will you ever be Dali Lama - I believe in Jesus - and not Dali.  I don't understand why you post news events that are not at all related to Marlin rifles.  This persistant posting of news to those of us that tune in to learn and talk about rifles is counter productive.  If you own such fine Marlin weaponry, why don't you tell us what you own, what modifications, if any you've done.  What you hunt, if you even hunt.  Do you shoot targets?  Or just shoot off news that you think we all should read.  Your posting is an embarrasment to those that love Marlins and hope to learn about them.  Others that come to this forum should be advised that you are not representative of Marlin rifle enthusiasts.  I am glad to see this board is contemplating more areas so you can put your posts in misc. forum.  Yes, I read your posts, and respond to some, however I've learned very little that is of substance.