Author Topic: Barrel Opening  (Read 346 times)

Offline KRex

• Trade Count: (8)
Barrel Opening
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
   I can't seem to find anything like this on the FAQ's so here I go ... Got a 410 for my son at a Gun show. The barrel and receiver match. But when firing the barrel opens @80 % of the time. The ammunition is factory and the Lock-up is tight (Won't open without latch)...

I'm a Gun claeaning nut and know how to maintain a Firearm... Retired Army.

What could be the problem ... Hope it's something minor because I really don't want to send it back tothe factory.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Barrel Opening
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »
Did you by any chance lubricate the latch and latch shelf?  If so this might be the cause of your problem.  It needs friction (a dry latch and latch shelf) to maintain lockup, the lubrication allows the latch shelf to "slip" off the latch when you fire the gun.

When you get the chance, I recommend that you read the "FAQ's and HELP" and "Handi Basics 101", there are a lot of good tips in there.

An example is this link that addresses a similar problem like the one you are having.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,86700.msg
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.