Author Topic: LBT air gun moulds  (Read 854 times)

Offline sub-sonic

• Trade Count: (0)
LBT air gun moulds
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:16:36 PM »
There are many airgun shooters who have been searching for good bullet moulds.Veral has made 2 great sets for my.25 cal.sumatra pcp air rifle.They are  flat nose 50gr.&58gr.Dual weight.The second set 70gr&75gr.These should give 100 to 130+ foot pounds of energy,from my sub-sonic rifle.Easy to cast even with pure lead.Veral only makes moulds for high power pcp airguns.I will post test results soon.

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Contributor
Re: LBT air gun moulds
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
Have you tried round lead balls with your pcp air rifle?  I am wondering how well they might shoot.

Offline sub-sonic

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »
I use the .500 lee round ball in my Dragon claw .50 cal.188grs.At around 770fps.Will shoot clean through a deer at 60+yrds.

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
  As most shooters probably know, the lightest solid bullet which can be shot accurately  in a rifled barrel is a round ball, and if they are truely round and fit, it is hard to beat their accuracy, because they are in balance no matter which way they turn.  But they do not wound well when shot at big bore airgun speeds.  This because tissue isn't splashed violently enough sidways to rip flesh and create a wound channel that causes rapid bleeding.

'subsonic' and I have discussed a plan for his 50, and very soon he should have a bullet that is a little heavier than a round ball, but with a substantial meplat, which will increase killing power dramatically.  Watch for his posts about it.
Veral at LBT
Veral Smith