Author Topic: CW40 shooting low...  (Read 816 times)

Offline BL Drake

• Trade Count: (0)
CW40 shooting low...
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:17:21 AM »

I bought a CW 40 and took it to the range the other day and put 100 rds through it.  I was surprized that the gun seemed to be shooting low.  2-3 inches at 5yds.  Had a friend shoot it and it did the same for him as well. 

After doing some research on the issue, I have found that I might have been the issue, and not the gun...getting used to the, new to me, style of sights. 

I have also read that some have replaced the recoil spring which seemed to have solved low shooting issue.  Now I intend to put another 200 rds through the gun before changing anything out.  I am curious if anyone has had this issue.  If the recoil spring in fact could be an issue with shooting low? 

Other than that the gun functioned perfectly with no issues.  Looking for an IWB holster if anyone has any suggestions.   

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
Re: CW40 shooting low...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »
 Try using a "high thumb" grip. Any auto will try to tilt forward due to the inertia of the slide going forward. You may even try putting some grip tape around the lower portion of the grip. More than likely that's the culprit.

Offline BL Drake

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
Put another 100 rds through it today.  I believe I will order the talon rubber grips for it and see if that helps.  I am sure that it's more me than the gun.  I believe I have the trigger pull figured out.  Little different than shooting Glocks for the past 15yrs.  I do enjoy shooting the thing that is for sure!! 

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
Don't know enough about the Kahr to be sure here. SIG handguns are regulated for the white dot to cover the point of impact "combat sights" some call them. You level up the top edge of front and rear sights and cover desired point of impact with the dot on the front sight.

I would give that sight picture a try before playing with springs etc. This is not to say you will be happy with that sight picture and may need to drift in a different height sight for what you are accustomed to. I like the SIG sights and honestly have never known any different picture, which gives me fits with an iron sighted rifle because all of them shoot way high for the way I naturally try and shoot.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »
Don't know enough about the Kahr to be sure here. SIG handguns are regulated for the white dot to cover the point of impact "combat sights" some call them. You level up the top edge of front and rear sights and cover desired point of impact with the dot on the front sight.

I would give that sight picture a try before playing with springs etc. This is not to say you will be happy with that sight picture and may need to drift in a different height sight for what you are accustomed to. I like the SIG sights and honestly have never known any different picture, which gives me fits with an iron sighted rifle because all of them shoot way high for the way I naturally try and shoot.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**