Author Topic: lower abdomen holsters, STEALTH or SMARTCARRY?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Gallahad

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Contributor
lower abdomen holsters, STEALTH or SMARTCARRY?
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:14:10 AM »
Hoping somebody has some experience with both.  who makes the better product? I've seen an artical comparing smartcarry to thunderwear, and it seems that smartcarry is made by a guy that worked for thunderwear and made a lot of improvements. But stealth looks like a good product too. Any help?

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: lower abdomen holsters, STEALTH or SMARTCARRY?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:23:10 AM »
I don't know but around here reaching down the front of your pants to grab a weapon would most likely get you arested as a pervert. ;) Not sure I'd like a holster where I had to undo, or unzip, my pants to reach my firearm. Might confuse the heck out of an asailent as to your intentions though. lol

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »
No experience with "Smart Carry" or "Thunderwear", but in a moment of insanity I bought a "Pager Pal". It might have worked well for some folks, but it made me look like I had a large tumor.  I frequently carry a P3AT in the appendix position using the belt clip. Works better than anything else I've tried. Of course the P3AT is pretty small. It's a lot more comfortable than the Glock 36 I tried in the same carry mode.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
No personal experience here but it just looks too cumbersome to me.   The gun and the family jewels (wife's good jewelry) sharing space in my gun safe is one thing but a gun and my "family jewels" sharing space in my trowsers just sounds uncomfortable on many levels. 

For one thing I question how easy it would be to access the gun quickly.    I also wonder if my 'nads would end up getting squashed when I sat down.   What was the creator thinking when he put them on on the outside anyway? 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »
Actually--cross draw appendix carry can be easily concealable under a windbreaker AND is darn comfortable on long drives.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline fm2

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »
Appendix inside the waistband carry (AIWB) is very dependant on body, holster and firearm. Some people I know can carry a full size handgun, while others can't get comfortable with a J-frame. The height of the holster, overall length of the pistol, and grip length seem to be the main factors. They also make some that work with tucked in shirts. That said I think it is much better than any below the belt line carry. Another option is a belly band set up, if you have to have a tucked in shirt.

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:22:36 AM »
If you realy need deep concealment, and yet keep easy access, it's hard to beat a 511 Tac Shirt. They come in black, like mine, or white. Mine will hold most any sized semi auto, or practical sized revolver, and has a holster pocket on both sides. When not carrying two firearms I carry a semi auto in one holster and a spare mag in the other. Both have velcro closures to hold the firearms very securely. Wear practicly any, and I do mean any, shirt over it and it looks like just a normal t-shirt. It's form fitting, like spandex, and holds your firearm tight to your body. Very easy to draw from, much like a shoulder holster.

Here's mine. I have the grip of a .45 hanging out just to show there's a pistol in it but it slides inside normaly and with very little bulge;

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:20 AM »
I have a “Pager Pal” but rarely use it, don’t work too well with jeans, especially when seated. I prefer to carry in a pocket holster inside my right front pocket, I take the gun out and place it under the edge of my right leg when I get in a vehicle.

That said, I have seen demonstrations with the Pager Pal where the gun was drawn and ready to fire much faster than from any other type of holster (unless the person already had their hand on the gun).  The demonstrations were always from the standing position, I think it would be hard to draw while seated.

Funny, every time I ran across the guy that sold and demonstrated the Pager Pals at a gun show I would interrupt him and tell him I shot the end of my “Willie” off trying to use his holster.  The first time I really had him going, it drew a large crowd and everyone was laughing.  I them told them I was joking, that he had a good product.  It sold several holsters for him..

Offline Rooterpig

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
I have smart carry for j frame. 99 percent of the time its a pita. For some reason if you need ultra deep conceal ... It will work. Mine is not very comfortable . J frame in pocket or good iwb seems to all ways work.

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
This video says it's for a shot timer but the guy is doing an amazing draw and shoot from the belly band holsters.  Is this what you guys are talking about?  Wish I was this fast ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=582dJ_NEAR8

Shoot safe and watch the jewels if you try this maneuver ::)

Bulletstuffer
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:22:50 PM »
The best deep concealment carry is at 4 o'clock with a FBI cant and no holster.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD