Author Topic: Demonstrations against obamacare outside supreme court.  (Read 405 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Demonstrations against obamacare outside supreme court.
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:21:46 AM »
 Demonstrators brave the cold on second day of Supreme Court hearings over health care law    By Chris Moody
Political Reporter  By Chris Moody | The Ticket – 2 hrs 46 mins ago     
  • Email
  • Conservatives demonstrate in front of the Supreme Court Monday (Jacquelyn Martin/AP)
   WASHINGTON -- It's a frigid morning here outside the Supreme Court building on Capitol Hill, as a few hundred early rising, sign-toting demonstrators march in circles below the white marble steps. Conservative and liberal groups have both set up P.A. systems along the sidewalk and are trying to outshout one another, while foot soldiers wave signs in front of them.
"Protect our care, protect the law!" one man belts into his microphone.
At the same time--and with the same cadence as though they're in unison--a woman chants, "Stop Obamacare, we love freedom!"
Signs trot by demanding "Birth control for me" and "Keep your Ovaries off my Rosaries." One man is wearing a dress like the Statue of Liberty. The Black Eyed Peas play on the loudspeakers.
And this is just the calm before the storm.
Later on Tuesday, thousands of conservatives are scheduled to arrive in nearly 60 buses for what they're touting as a massive demonstration in a nearby park organized by the conservative Americans for Prosperity. Inside the court building, the justices will hear oral arguments over whether the government has the power to force most Americans to buy a commercial product, or pay a penalty--one of the most contentious provisions in the federal health care law.
To watch the historic case, scores of people waited outside through the night, where temperatures dipped into the 20s. Some slept on cots, while the less prepared huddled under blankets spread over the pavement.
Katherine Larsen, 27, and Hillary Klemmpt, 24, arrived at 5:30 the night before with hopes to get a seat. Larsen had never slept outside in her life, and showed up wearing four layers of clothing and nothing but a light blanket to sleep on. Both took a vacation day to spend the night on the street.
When the sun rose, guards from the Supreme Court walked down to admit the first 60 people in line to get the few seats available in the chamber. Klemmpt and Larsen were numbers 61 and 62.
There's still a chance they can slip in, but with each passing minute the odds decrease.
Back in front of the steps, where the demonstrators were chanting, a Tea Party group gathered in front of cameras with copies of the healthcare law in their hand.
"We will not comply!" a man with a microphone said. "We will not yield!"
With that, about a dozen people ripped the papers into shreds.
Liberal protesters booed them. "Don't litter!" someone shouted in the crowd.
"Don't worry," the man said, the ripped shreds of paper in his hands. "We're not Occupy Wall Street. We pick up after ourselves."
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Demonstrations against obamacare outside supreme court.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
Those people act like Republicans don't get cancer and heart disease.

Offline Casull

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »

Which ones?  If you read the article, there were protesters for and against that piece of crap.     ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
I've had two heart attacks, but they were my fault. overeating, smoking, wild women.
but if you want to help, you can send me some money.  do you want my address via PM, or e-mail?
yes, we get those things, but don't demand that you be forced to pay for it.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
I've had two heart attacks, but they were my fault. overeating, smoking, wild women.

I'd be interested in locating some of these "wild" women. Mine has turned into a nun.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »

I'd be interested in locating some of these "wild" women. Mine has turned into a nun.
you have to be a "wild" man ;D not a Priest :o
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »

They way I understand it, the couple thousand page health care bill does not do much for anyone with cancer and heart disease,  very little of it has anything to do with actual health care at all.  It seems some people are assuming this is a good bill,  but yet now they are just finding out what's really in it.  Cept the people who are behind it.  They ain't read it yet.  Never will...just the title of these bills is all they read.
So lets see...congress had to bribe each other openly with our tax money to get a couple votes to pass it, over half the states are taking it to the high courts, the other half are signing waivers, and now the idiots in congress who stood behind it either admit it was a bad bill, or say it needs to be rewritten, and the people that Polosi represented are signing waivers as well.  And your thinking this bill will help people with cancer and heart disease.  What proof in this piece of legislation do you have that supports your statement?  Seems to me this entire health care mess is an embarrassment to most all of us, if the corruption to pass this piece of worthless legislation was not enough for the entire world to watch and cringe over, the political farce and waste of time and money spent should be enough for anyone to admit we all wish it would have never come up in the first place.  It's certainly not worth taking a chance on your personal liberty or giving the government something else to screw up and make themelves even bigger and more powerful.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »

you have to be a "wild" man ;D not a Priest :o

Priest!!  I ?? NEVER !! ;D ;D 
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.