Author Topic: prostaff rimfire  (Read 521 times)

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
prostaff rimfire
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:13:09 PM »
I just picked up a nikon prostaff 3-9 rimfire scope with the BDC reticle. I bought this scope to replace the old Lyman all american 10x target scope I previously had on my built up 10/22. There was nothing wrong with it just wanted to make the rifle more versitle for getting rid of critters. Anyone have one and what velocity have you found works the best with the reticle?

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
Re: prostaff rimfire
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:51:24 PM »
OK did a little research of my own. Go to the Nikon website and they have a "Nikon Spot On" section/ link. Here they have a ballistics program where in my case I picked the prostaff 3-9 rimfire 150 model. They have a list of all the current 22lr ammo on the market, Click on the ammo your using set the range of where you'd have your scope sighted in for. Then it tells you at what range each circle of their BDC reticle is for. I looked up the cheap federal stuff I have been shooting and headed for the range and well once I got it sighted in sure enough the numbers they listed were right on the money.  I look forward to wacking some woodchucks and crows.

Offline bman940

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:53:19 AM »
You are correct, The Spot On Ballistic Program does a great job. If you ever run across factory ammo that we do not have in the Program, let me know so we can get it added.

Just a reminder, there is a Rockin' Rimfire Promo. going on right now where you can save some good $ on our Rimfire Scopes!

Thanks for the positive posts guys!

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:09:37 AM »
I didn't even know about that program and I have about 6-7 Nikon scopes, 4 of which are BDC.  :-\

I just checked it out, it's pretty cool. Thinking about getting the ap on my iPhone for out in the field but it's $5.

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
I just made a card for the ammo I have and stuck it on the buttstock with a rubber band.