Author Topic: Obama in Oklahoma  (Read 396 times)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
Obama in Oklahoma
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:42:34 AM »
This is really hard to believe. Obama is in Oklahoma saying he is going to cut through all the red tape to fast track the last leg of the pipeline. Really? So now this is his baby? He also stated that even if they drilled anywhere and everywhere,even on the Whitehouse lawn, it would have no effect on the price of gasoline. It seems to me even the threat of more drilling in the U.S. has the effect of lowering the price at the pump. How he can stand there with a straight face and spread this baloney is beyond the pale. Just how dumb does he think people are?

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama in Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »
     He stopped by southeastern NM yesterday with the same smoke and mirrows speech. He gave his presentation at the barely wide spot in the road of Maljamar which is so small that I can't find any population numbers for the place. He contributed to the energy problem by landing in Roswell and taking a helicopter down to Maljamar. It was reported in the local paper that he had an audience of 250 people. I was told by a person that attended that most were bussed in from Carlsbad. It's quite a few miles to Maljamar from either place. He could just have landed at Hobbs which is the large town in the area and has a better airport than Roswell and had a local audience without the traveling. Considering his popularity in this neck of the woods it might have been hard to scare up an audience of 250 people though.

What he says is all hot air and the fuel wasted with this little publicity stunt is of no concern to him and his political party. The taxpayers pick up the tab.

Wikipedia gives him credit for being the first US president to visit southeastern NM which is also not true. George W. Bush came to Hobbs to find a very large audience (for this sparsely populated area)  when he was president.

Offline Qualitymilk

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
I could not agree with you guys more, I just don't comprehend how so many idiots will show up in droves this fall and vote this idiot back into office.  We have the largest supply of sweet, clean crude in the world right in our backyard.  Bush tried to drill in 2006, and he got pigeonholed.  If Obama would just threaten to drill, my feeling is that the OPEC brass would run scared and drop the price of oil almost immediately.  I just don't see how so many people cannot see through this guy.  Makes me furious but I fell like my vote against him is in the minority.

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:24:18 AM »
The truth is that most people are too busy and don't take the time to hear, read, or watch anything but the lying drivel that comes from the lame stream media and they are all 100 percent behind the Obamanation.  Even so, I think a landslide is shaping up.
Swingem

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:40:12 AM »
    There was a follow up article about the visit in todays paper. It was a private event, mostly politicans and a few ordinary citizens. I guess they didn't want to take any chances with the riff-raff showing up since he is held in such low regard in this area.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:13 AM »
  With his "approval"....of a pipeline already approved and which he can do nothing about..he has tried to deflect the discussion from the Keystone pipeline to the "Cushing" pipeline.
  I guess they are supposed to form 'bucket brigades' to bring oil down from the Dakotas... they will avoid any oil spills that way !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
  With his "approval"....of a pipeline already approved and which he can do nothing about..he has tried to deflect the discussion from the Keystone pipeline to the "Cushing" pipeline.
  I guess they are supposed to form 'bucket brigades' to bring oil down from the Dakotas... they will avoid any oil spills that way !

Exactly. The only thing he has authority over with the pipeline is where it crosses the border with Canada. Everything else about it is up to the States. Yet he claims he is "Going to cut through all the red tape and buracratic obstructions and get this thing done." He stuck a fork in the pipeline deal just the other day, now he's acting like he's all on board with it and almost nobody in the media calls him out on his child like behavior. What a fraud!

Robert

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »
What gets me is why he gets by with such " Snake Oil " verbage! All it will take is someone at one of these meetings to call out the question as to "How is the oil suppose to get to Cushing from Canada?? Lot`s of luck on the media confronting him on this matter! >:(
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »
What gets me is why he gets by with such " Snake Oil " verbage! All it will take is someone at one of these meetings to call out the question as to "How is the oil suppose to get to Cushing from Canada?? Lot`s of luck on the media confronting him on this matter! >:(
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

He gets away with it because the obliging media will cover for him....and many of the same people who were completely fooled by him in 2008....are already holding up their cups for MORE KOOLAID !!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Urt

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 04:17:01 PM »
Obamas pledge to remove. All the red tape for the pipeline from Cushing to Houston is equivalent to Rick perry approving my drivers license renewal.

His Only concern should be approving the 50" pipe that crosses the border between the USA and Canada.