Author Topic: Obama - hot mike  (Read 400 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Obama - hot mike
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:14:03 AM »
You just gotta wonder what he has in plan for this country after his last election... Nobody to answer to but Bill Ayers and his wife.  He will finally have the opportunity to change this country into something he can love.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas-open-mic-slip-on-missile-defense-system-148/2012/03/26/gIQAO3ezcS_video.html

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Obama - hot mike
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »
His plan is to fulfill the promises he made to anti-gun, pro-abortion, heavy tax and spend groups.
him and putin are in bed together.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's much worse than most people woud believe.  I think he would sell us out and compromise our security at the drop of a hat if it would get him the approval of his communist comrads in Russia. 

Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure it' much worse than most people woud believe.  I think he would sell us out and compromise our security at the drop of a hat if it would get him the approval of his communist comrads in Russia.

YEP, another good post, all true. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Raptor

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »
I,m glad Obama has a good working relationship with Russia, the last thing I want is to have someone start a cold war with Russia again, theres just to much hate going on else where right now.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »
I,m glad Obama has a good working relationship with Russia, the last thing I want is to have someone start a cold war with Russia again, theres just to much hate going on else where right now.

No one here is advocating a Cold War, but have no desire to see an America hating "leader" sell us out, just a little matter like that.  ::)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
Good posts guys!  I agree 100 %
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »
  We absolutely need to have a working relationship with Russia.  The 'hot mike' comments are really pushing the limits between 'working relationship' and 'giving away the store'.  What is distressing is that he is telling the Russian president (and asking him to convey to his incoming successor) that the American people won't tollerate what they collectively want but that he can dance around the will of those he leads after he has won their support and no longer needs them.  His candor speaks volumes on his view of 'consent of the governed'.  If he can trick the great unwashed into supporting him, he can do whatever he wishes during his lame duck term.

Regardless of one's position on the speciffics of the misile defense system being discussed, the hubris is overwealming. 

Russian leadership culture is diferent than the current American leadership culture.  Where we seek leadership through consensus, they rule through strength of their leaders.  Our idea of negotiation is compromise, theirs is to push for their benefit.  During an election, we publicly characterise an agressive candidate as a 'reckless cowboy' where they see an agressive candidate as a 'strong leader'.  We fear that an agressive leader would restart the Cold War, they hope than an agressive leader would win it.  It's just a cultural difference.

If both sides were using the same underlying philosophy, the middle ground is likely where the negotiators would meet.  If one side pushes and the other steps back, the meeting is off center.  His comment doesn't speak of give and take, it speaks of an ability to capitulte to their will after his personal power is sustained.  That's why the Russian President was so gracous in his reply.  He'd be glad to tell Putin that Obama is willing to give in after the election.

During the Cold War, both sides pushed hard.  It was a game for all the marbles and both sides played hard.  While I don't wish for a return to 'the bad old days' it is clear that that struggle did not end in nuclear armageddon.  The struggle struck some sort of balance and world war 3 was averted.  Things are different now.  It's not a world of just two superpowers.  There can be no return to either the good or bad of that time frame.  We are here now.  Point is, the Cold War worked then.