Author Topic: In Miss, only 12 % of the republicans believe that imam obama is a Christian.  (Read 558 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
  More than half of Mississippi GOP voters say Obama is a Muslim, new poll suggests    By Chris Moody
Political Reporter  By Chris Moody | The Ticket – 2 hrs 55 mins ago    More than half of likely Republican voters in Mississippi say they think President Barack Obama is a Muslim, according to a survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic polling firm.   Fifty-two percent said that Obama practiced Islam, while just 12 percent said he was a Christian. Thirty-six percent said they were not sure.
Obama, whose father and stepfather both came from Muslim backgrounds, is a practicing Christian and was a member of Trinity United Church in Chicago before he was president.
The poll, conducted by telephone of 656 likely Republican voters in Mississippi on March 10 and 11, has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.
In Alabama, the same poll found that 45 percent of likely Republican voters believed Obama to be a Muslim and 14 percent said they considered him a Christian.
The group conducted the polling in advance of the Republican presidential primaries in Alabama and Mississippi, which will be held on Tuesday.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Do you actually ever read what your posting? Your Subject say's only 12% of the (people) believe!
The link you shared say's 12% of the Republican voters believe it. (REPUBLICAN!) Your Subject line is misleading ::)  Would you like to correct this??
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  This is just an attempt to rally Obama's disinterested base..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
Folks in the South know the truth after all.......

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Duke0313

• Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
Well...if it walks like a duck...
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
In Miss, only 12 % of the republicans believe that imam obama is a Christian.

That's bad news, as it means that near 90% of the Repubs in Mississippi are either misinformed, suckers, or just plain stubborn ideologues... none of which is good for the GOP.

I suspect a combination of all three. What's more... I suspect they're the kind of folks that think Led Zeppelin play backwards is satanic, or something like that.

Me? I like The Rain Song. Here is the Unledded Version (no mackward basking):
[/url]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline jackruff

• Avid Poster
Not surprising. OTOH I suspect that less than 50% of Mississippians can count past ten without removing their shoes.
Oh, good grief!  Is this sort of insulting comment necessary?  Do you really think that?  What a prejudiced attitude!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Not surprising. OTOH I suspect that less than 50% of Mississippians can count past ten without removing their shoes.
Oh, good grief!  Is this sort of insulting comment necessary?  Do you really think that?  What a prejudiced attitude!
Insult? Well... maybe a bit of an exaggeration, is all. Remember - near 90% of the Repubs there think President Obama is a Muslim! That doesn't mean they can't tie their shoes, but it does mean that either they're not very bright, or ideology trumps intelligence (neither of which is very good)

So if have the state is repub and 90% of those are either not very bright or ideological drones, then... the 50% number in referenced post may not be all that far off!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline jackruff

• Avid Poster
Post #1 is a testimony to the power of mass media bending mindthink....Imagine 90% of a state thinking in lockstep on a very questionable notion and to the exclusion of most other information ..especially when we look at BHO's staff and who he hangs with....That ladies and Gentlemen is the arcane use of media power and religious dogmatics in action.....(**note to self.....no trips to Ole Miss in near future)
TM7
And by "Ole Miss" do you mean the University of Mississippi or the state?  And why not?  About half of the students at the Univeristy of Mississippi, often called Ole Miss since about 1890, are from other states.  Perhaps they were attracted by what has been determined to be the most beautiful college campus in America.  The mistake in the original post was that of the one person who wrote the report, not of the average individual in the state.  Think about what you just said about the media.  Most who visit this state realize that it suffers from largely inaccurate image problems caused to a great degree by biased reporting.