Author Topic: found this article on facebook  (Read 535 times)

Offline troy5775

• Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: found this article on facebook
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:21 AM »
Troy,
Nice article thanks for posting.  While I enjoy reading about all the new advances in firearm design, and new powders, etc..  I wish the gun mags would do a decent article on the H&R's once in a while.  I'm a little tired of reading about all the zillion 1911's made.

My first H&R/NEF was a .410 youth model Pardner shotgun purchased for my son, back in 1995.

I think I only recall three articles about H&R's in the main gun mags.  I still have them somewhere.  The one in Guns and Ammo about "Youth Shotguns" - Ross Seyfried (July 1997, Vol 41, No. 07) was the first, I remember reading about H&R/NEF's.    Then another article about H&R's ability to swap barrels (written around the same time period, I think it was in the American Rifleman), between different rifle calibers, resulted in me buying my first Handi rifle in .243Win. to which I promptly added a .223Rem. barrel, and also added two shotgun barrels to the Pardner.

The rest is history, with me adding Handi's in different calibers, a little at a time, until, I discovered this site.  Now it's a full blown epidemic of Handi's.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
This article got me into handi rifles:

http://www.gun-tests.com/performance/feb97money.html
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:57:41 AM »
Here's another a couple more from the FAQs, ya'all would be surprised whatcha can find in there, stuff I've forgotten!!  :-[ The Prince and Pauper article has been in there for at least 7yrs, the 45-70 about 5yrs or so.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gunreports.com/gow/long_guns/H-R-1871-Ultra-Hunter-No-SB2-808-308-Win_2825-1.html

http://www.competitor-pistol.com/45-70%20page1.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline troy5775

• Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
I love my handi rifles. Most of my kids started out on a pardner 20 ga., My daughter on a handi 223.  I love the cheaper prices, the simple operation and the versatility. I love teaching my kids to shoot with them. I love shooting them.