Author Topic: .257 Weatherby 87 grain SP  (Read 857 times)

Offline ChrisK

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
.257 Weatherby 87 grain SP
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
I sighted mine in 2 1/2 high at 100 yards. Will this give a real world 300 yard zero? Has anyone chrono'ed these in a vanguard S2 with a 24" barrel? They grouped very nice which I was hoping they would. I will prolly never see a coyote in my back 40 now that I have my rifle pretty well sighted in on paper.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: .257 Weatherby 87 grain SP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:04:06 PM »
Checking that load in another Vanguard "MAY" give you a good estimate, but the only way you can know the velocity in your gun is to chrono. your rifle. For example, me & my brother each have Sendero's in 25-06AI. With the same 115gr. load the vel. spread is 80+ fps!

Besides, a chrono. is a very good educator & a great tool if you choose to load your own, helps you with pressure indicators at times & humbles at times. ;)

Concerning trajectory info, get the bullet makers BC value (though not allways correct), & after checking vel. you can check it with diff. sight-ins here:  www.biggameinfo.com

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ChrisK

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: .257 Weatherby 87 grain SP
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
I was more curious than anything. I don't own one yet and do not have any friends that do. Thanks for the link.