Author Topic: occupy bunch against the IRS. New website, how to beat your taxes.  (Read 303 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
 http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AtVJW3zCEmq7wl8fPHjhYmebvZx4;_ylc=X3oDMTlndWN0bWw4BF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEYQMxMjA0MDUgZmluYW5jZSBvY2N1cHkgdGF4ZXMgdARjY29kZQNwemJ1ZmNhaDUEY3BvcwM0MARlZAMxBGcDaWQtMjE2MjI4OQRpbnRsA3VzBGl0YwMwBGx0eHQDJiMzOTtPY2N1cHlUYXhlcyYjMzk7bW92ZW1lbnQEbWNvZGUDcHpidWFsbGNhaDUEbXBvcwMxBHBrZ3QDMQRwa2d2AzQEcG9zAzAEc2VjA3RkLWZlYQRzbGsDdGh1bWJsaW5rBHRhcgNodHRwOi8vZmluYW5jZS55YWhvby5jb20vbmV3cy9vY2N1cHktcHJvdGVzdGVycy1sYXVuY2hlZC13ZWJzaXRlLWhlbHAtMTM0NzM4NzA2Lmh0bWwEdGVzdAM3MDE-/SIG=138rggqnj/EXP=1333754571/**http%3A//finance.yahoo.com/news/occupy-protesters-launched-website-help-134738706.html

The Occupy Protesters Have Launched a Website to Help You Dodge TaxesBusiness InsiderBy Mandi Woodruff | Business Insider – 9 hours ago    Two former Wall Streeters with sympathies for the Occupy Movement have launched a website to help people dodge taxes. They describe their mission to "Occupy The IRS" in patriotic terms, using a picture of Thomas Jefferson as their Twitter avatar.     The site, called taxKilla, walks users through the simplest way to dodge taxes: filing Schedule C deductions for a business entity.

[Related: Last-Minute Tax Tips]
"Anybody can do it, that's the beauty of it," said Jen Powers , who graduated from Columbia University and began a career in social work after leaving Wall Street in the 80s.  "We thought the 1 percent have so many different loopholes and opportunities to take advantage of when it comes to taxes, but the everyday person doesn't."

Is it legal?  Most of taxKilla's guidance isn't anything new – even tax accountants admit plenty of people use Schedule C forms to beef up tax refunds.
But the site also delivers insider tips on what might trigger an audit (typos, too many travel and entertainment deductions, etc.) and specific strategies to turn audits in your favor (schedule appointments on Fridays right before lunch breaks, "forget" certain paper work).
"We just condensed (this information) and put it together in a way that would be appealing to the Occupiers and basically people who would need help and obviously can't pay for it," Powers said.
Josh King, general counsel at legal advice site Avvo.com is skeptical: "(taxKilla) is effectively saying, 'You might as well be aggressive with this and basically enter fraudulent information on your tax return," he said. "What they leave out is that in order for this to actually work, you have to make money (at your business). You can't just say, 'I love to travel and my significant other loves to travel' and write that off when you make $15 in Google ad (revenue) every month."

The loophole That's where Power disagrees. It's true that in order to qualify for deductions business entities have to turn a profit, but only in three out of the last five years.

[Related: 5 Excuses Not To File Taxes That The IRS Won't Buy]
That means if you're in your first year as a photographer and post a negative or $0 balance at tax time, you're still able to file deductions for things like home offices, camera equipment and your vehicle. Not to mention the fact that TaxKilla's target audience probably doesn't belong in the $1 million salary club, whose members are 11 times more likely to get audited. How it works

Once you've signed up on taxkilla.com, you'll find a pretty rudimentary outline on what constitutes a business entity (Note: that doesn't mean it has to end in  LLC or Corp. A  blog, photography website and a lawncare service are a few examples) and which forms to fill out for deductions: the 1040, Schedule C and Form 4562.  From there, you can use the site like a cheat sheet along with any basic tax preparation service (see where you can file for free) to file deductions on everything from your home office to the gas used to travel to and from appointments. Line by line, it explains what specific lines are for and how to tie up all the loose ends at the end.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: occupy bunch against the IRS. New website, how to beat your taxes.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
  Sounds like they have figured out a way to get the occupiers to start businesses while still thinking that they are sticking it to The Man.  Turning wannabe commies into capitalists right under their own noses.

Good job.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »
Didn't check the link but this site requires me to file a schedule C annually and all it does is increase my taxes. Doing a schedule C or F as we also do for the blueberry farm also requires a schedule SE or Self Employment Tax. Man that SE doubles my tax burden every year even tho what's on it is a small percentage of our total income.

Anyone that thinks filing a schedule C gets you out of paying taxes ain't living in the real world.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:15:12 AM »
Good point, GB.

I'm thinking about starting a web page telling them all that the way to stick it to The Man, I mean really stick it to him....is bathing.  Nothing The Man hates more than hippies who wash up every once in a while.

Think that would work?

Offline jimster

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »
Well I saw pics of wall street protesters, bunches of them were living in tents for awhile.  Now I could be wrong here....but I would say they already ain't paying any taxes.  Almost half the people don't anyways...seems to me most of the people I saw hanging out were in that half.  To top that off out of the half that don't pay,  a percentage of them actually get this earned income deal...where the government gives you money you never paid.  What have they got to hide from the IRS hanging out and protesting all week long, it's not like they are making any money.

Am I missing something here?  I would be interested in keeping more of my money for sure, but I get up and go to work every day.
The occupy bunch is strange...they have nothing to invest, obviously don't work, and protest stuff they know nothing about.  I raised three boys as best I could, they washed dishes, worked as cooks, whatever they could get their hands on and I did not have lots of money to help them out.  One has 2 masters and just got a job with HP for 95K...one is headed for Michigan State University to get his PHD in nuclear physics, and the other is in the Kunduz provice.  Not one of those young men would have EVER wasted a week in a tent protesting crap when they could have been digging up a few pennies somewhere. 
Now if anyone really does have a way for me to keep my own money without going to jail...I am interested....

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »
Quit your job, go on the protest circuit. No taxes to file unless you want that (un) earned income refund money.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**