Author Topic: Hog Hunting Ohio  (Read 920 times)

Offline TeamNordicHunters

• Trade Count: (0)
    • TeamNordicHunters
Hog Hunting Ohio
« on: March 29, 2012, 07:31:18 AM »
We are a hunting group in North West Ohio, that are going on a trip to south to Zaleski state forest, Vinton county Ohio.

We will be doing some Wild Boar hunting and also Spring Turkey and Possibly also some Coyote Hunting.

We will be Camping from April 25th, 26th and 27th and also most likely that weekend 28th and 29th.

If you want some more info and are interrested in going, check out more info about this http://www.teamnordichunters.com

Thanks

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Re: Hog Hunting Ohio
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:41:00 AM »
Got a call from my cousin last night , seems that we have some hogs moving in on our place here in west / cent. Ohio , he has seen them the last couple nights .

The land owner that is right next to our place is doing a sorta - game perserve , that means that only they can hunt their place , their father had it NO Hunting for years and now that he has passed away the boys look at it as their own little play land so it doesn't suprise me at all that they would put some hogs out there .

The problem is that it WILL affect us too !

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:11:33 AM »
wouldnt that be illegal to let hogs loose,considering how much trouble they are having down south.
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
You would think so , however I have not had time to talk this over with our local GW , he may be able to shed some light on what can be done .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
The last time I inquired re. hogs in Zaleski both local guys, one a DNR guy told me that there was some hogs that escaped from a hunting preserve operation but local guys pretty much cleaned them out. this was last year.
Turkeys yes, coyotes definitely there.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline TeamNordicHunters

• Trade Count: (0)
    • TeamNordicHunters
Hog Hunting Ohio
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:07:40 AM »
We just recieved an e-mail from one of our members that was down there last weekend and saw tracks of hogs, he put up some bait and trail cameras, so we will see what he might catch on those....will post pictures if we see any.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
I look to forward to hearing whatever news you find out about them in Zaleski!
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us