Author Topic: 357 factory Max barrels?  (Read 559 times)

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
357 factory Max barrels?
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »
Why did they ever stop making them? was it a special run for a distributor? would it not make sence to make them again with the following it has just here? I would find it hard to believe if they did it would not be one of the top sellers. What is the saying"If you build it they will come"! Maybee they can also make some brass while they are at it.

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
Re: 357 factory Max barrels?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:49:04 AM »
I think CW has a factory Max barrel. But, I would say the Max following, even though there are a ton of us here, is minuscule to the amount of .357 mag barrels out there. Most people I talk to don't even know what a .357 Maximum is, they think I mean Magnum.  :-\

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
i hava factory max barrel with my 20ga handy gun-II combo..... from 1980's vintage.
also hava 44mag/12ga hg-II combo from tha same era.
priceless !!!!!!!! ;)
so far, j3 and jo-david have receivin rights when i go to tha promise land...... ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »
Same as me with people saying what is that. But looking at this form and the many TC and custom gun makers who are modifing to the max I just though the Handi guys would just be touching the surface with the potential. I quess they know better than me or it would be getting produced. That is another reason Remington scares me with not having brass in two years. they have the perfect platform to make a caliber in the handi that they would truly have a reason to make brass but they still havent made it.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
DH #1... if ya eva talk to anybody thatsa longtime ruger handgun follower, they will
 know exactly what your talk'n bout............ ;)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
Actually Deerhunter, they DON'T know better than we do!  We know of many calibers that would sell, but the factory has to contend with the bean counters beforehand.  If they could just build them and then tell the accountants 'See!  I told you it would be great!' but they can't.  They have to be able to prove it on paper before the powers that be will even consider consider making it.  Ah well, in a time of lower economic growth, you would think they would jump on something that might sell, but that does not seem to be the case.  Hopefully we will still get the calibers we would like eventually.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
H&R1871 or NEF made the Maxi in an Ultra version for a year or two in addition to the pre '87 H&R Inc that were made. It went the way of the 7x57, 7x64 and other once-in-a-blue moon chamberings they've made.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:17:10 AM »
This underscores that if they ever come out with a caliber you like/think you might want, BUY IT, dont wait..........it seems the neat stuff gets discontinued way too quick.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974