Author Topic: MGR's metal trigger guards for Handis - do we like?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
MGR's metal trigger guards for Handis - do we like?
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »
I searched for "moyers" and under metal trigger guards but found nothing on these Moyers Gun Repair manufactured trigger guards in blued, stainless or brass. I understand they are rough and will need considerable fiddling to fit, but that's all very Handi, isn't it?  So, price aside, do we like or dislike these? Who has fit them and what has that been like?  Enquiring minds want to know!

http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/product_info.php?products_id=45

[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
Re: MGR's metal trigger guards for Handis - do we like?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »
I haven't tried one myself.  I believe others have and had a very rough time fitting the moyers stuff.  Dunno.  I just avoided getting into more fitting than I wanted to do.
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:01:55 PM »
Truth be told, as much as I dislike plastic, the plastic guards are pretty tough.  I would like a guard and spacer in brass...one of these days! :D

I have held off on the Moyers, as I don't want a hassle fixing something that ain't really broke.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »
IMHO, It really doesn't make any sense to buy a metal trigger guard at that price, and then do "considerable fiddling to fit".  If I'm paying $49 + S/H, I would want a part that you can just "drop in".

Okay, I lied,  :P , I would do a little  ::) fitting if it were brass. ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:07 PM »
Good luck with any of Moyer's garbage, he's had his chance with me.  >:( FWIW Midway has his parts listed as discontinued by the Mfr, great reviews there too.  ::)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=159631.msg1098706222#msg1098706222

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/377759/moyers-trigger-guard-h-and-r-nef-steel-matte

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/924713/moyers-forend-spacer-h-and-r-nef-steel-matte

I've been corresponding with Moyers Gun Repair about the lack of quality and fit on his TG and spacer, his last email was a response forwarded from another customer that complained about the poor fit, basically the same issues that have been discussed here. I even offered to send him a trigger guard so he can see what's wrong with his copy, I've sent him numerous pics showing the discrepancies in his copy which he seems to blame on us as not knowing what we're doing, he thinks that his trigger guard is an exact duplicate of a modern TG, but I think he's using something very old that has changed since he thinks the rear part won't fit a frame unless he cuts that part away like he does.

I won't be ordering any more of his TGs or spacers, maybe he'll get the message and make some improvements, he could charge a bit more money and it wouldn't be bad if he'd make them fit like they should and match current production parts. :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:09:51 AM »
We do not like.
[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]