Author Topic: My hunting Glock  (Read 7526 times)

Offline reflex264

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My hunting Glock
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 01:41:03 AM »
After installing the extended slide release I can't figure out why I had not already done that mod. Doesn't protrude enough to hang but is 50X easier to use. The trigger spring didn't drop a whole pound. I can see where if it was the only mod done it would but in concert with the other mods it dropped it by about 1/3 pound so it was still worth doing. Shortly I will be installing the sights. reflex264

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 05:55:58 AM »
That's how my second 23 is. I installed a couple parts and didn't see enough "improvements" to warrant doing it. The ."25" trigger job have best return and was easiest. Anyone owning a GLOCK should know how to tear it down anyhow. Quick and easy job with dremel, a cloth wheel and Flitz!

On my G20 totally different story! I used a "rocket" connector this time along with the .25 cent trigger and and a set of Wolffe extra lower springs and saw a big improvement in the action! 

Try polish first, like I say, it's quick and easy.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline reflex264

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »
Yep I polished everything and did the 3.5 connector first which was a huge improvement. The amount of over travel was terrible though. I installed a jentra stop and notched the frame for it. While it did reduce the amount of over travel it was contacting the slide. After about 500 rounds there was aluminum dust everywhere. I prompley removed it and cleaned the aluminum out. I read about the Lone Wolfe housing and it sounded like the ticket. I installed it and once I got it adjusted things have been great. After all that I installed the siderlockt because the pull was now light enough to make drawing the gun creepy from a setting position in a tree stand. I installed the extra power striker spring that came with the 24# recoil spring which added a bit of pull weight. I added teh 6# trigger spring last which lightened it just a touch. Next thing is a titanium plunger which should be here today. The contour that engages the striker and the lighter spring should help a little as well. If nothing else this money pit is fun. reflex264

Offline Goat

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »
OK that just about does it! If'n y'all don't stop I am going to go down the Glock road again. I had a 23 for years that had some minor mods done to it but nothing like what is being done here. I have wanted to handgun hunt for our smallish deer for a long time but have never put in the time to be confident in the woods. If I should scratch this itch it will be with the 10mm M20. I would really like to say that I am a natural born handgunner that just points the way and all the bullets go into tiny little clusters but it just aint so. I am at best a mediocre pistol shot and I have to work very hard to improve on that. I have a Ruger Blackhawk in 41mag with the short 4-5/8" barrel because it is small enough for me to actually take with me in the woods when carrying a rifle. I love it and in the hands of a good shot does very well.
Lately I have had the hankering to pick up another Glock and the Model 20 MAYBE the way I should go. My thoughts were to get comfortable with the issued sights then posibly install a Burris FastfireII and see how I can do. I would consider then using this combination out to 75 yards IF I can do my part. I recognize my limitations all too well and have killed enough game to pass on what I can't do. Whenever my groups exceed six inches then I have found the maximum distance at which I can ethically take the shot. My limitation is going to be MUCH closer than yours. I have thought about the after market six inch barrels but wondered if they were worth it, but you have opened my eyes to another aspect I had not considered in the after market scene...no more "Glock smiles" on the brass. That has always been an issue for me since I have handloaded almost everything I have shot for over 20 years. How did I not think about this before? I suppose I thought all barrels for the Glock had the cut out where the head is not supported on the case like I would rather it be.
I guess I have rambled enough. If I am off course on some of my thinking here please help me be better informed.
Goat
To knowHim and make Him known

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2019, 05:06:50 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!