Author Topic: anti gun,2nd am hating DEMS want tto block CCW reciprocity bill.  (Read 489 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/19/feinstein-no-action-on-concealed-weapons-bills/

Feinstein: No action on concealed weapons bills  Published April 19, 2012
Associated Press    WASHINGTON –  Sen. Dianne Feinstein is trying to block votes on bills that would require a state to honor concealed gun permits from other states.
The California Democrat wrote Majority Leader Harry Reid and Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, requesting that no votes be scheduled on two concealed weapons "reciprocity" bills. There was no immediate response from Reid, D-Nev., or Leahy, D-Vt., to the letter dated April 17.
The National Rifle Association said it would not be deterred in efforts to pass reciprocity legislation.
"We have to work harder to get 60 votes, and we're prepared to do that," NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said, referring to the number of senators needed to end a filibuster.
Feinstein wrote, "These dangerous bills ... would undermine states' rights by forcing nearly every state to accept the concealed carry permits issued by other states, even if the permit holder could not qualify for a permit i the state to which he is traveling."
She said major law enforcement agencies opposed the legislation.
Feinstein said the bills present a special problem for women who are domestic violence victims.
"Imagine that a man who has been convicted of a domestic violence crime against a woman he had been dating seeks — and obtains — a permit to carry a concealed firearm from his state of residence," she wrote. "Under the concealed carry reciprocity bills, he could legally travel across state lines and confront his former girlfriend ..."
She pointed out that state laws vary widely in their requirements for individuals to possess firearms or obtain concealed weapons permits.
Some states issue permits to people with violent misdemeanor criminal convictions, do not require firearms safety training, and do not grant discretion to law enforcement.
Law enforcement officers, she added, could face potentially life-threatening situations. She said it often is impossible for an officer to determine if an out-of-state concealed carry permit furnished during a traffic stop is valid. She said most states do not enter permit information into the primary database used by officers when conducting a stop.
The Republican-controlled House passed a similar measure last year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/19/feinstein-no-action-on-concealed-weapons-bills/#ixzz1siEWlYUG
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: anti gun,2nd am hating DEMS want tto block CCW reciprocity bill.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
More have to be taken out of office & hopefully not replaced by weak RINO's.
But yea, no surprise at all.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jimster

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
Although I haven't read this bill myself, a Representative who we recently elected to represent our state did read it, he said it was not a good thing. It was using commerce laws, which is not good, it gives the federal government power over a state permit, and probably enough power to regulate a states permits, (states laws vary widely) create a date base,  and if you cross a state line you could even be under FEDERL control, instead of the state your in.

Not so sure I like the feds getting there fingers into my state permit, especially if commerce laws may be used.  There is good chance Feinstein did not read the thing and just doesn't like the title, her brain is not much bigger than a pea,  which is probably a good thing, but there are other anti gun people who are much smarter that would see the advantages of the feds getting their fingers into my CPL.  That's just my gut feeling on what's going on there and my opinion.  Except for the part about the bill smelling like a rat, that was congressman Justin Amash's feeling after he read it over.  He thought the states should keep the cpl's to themselves, and deal with each other and not the feds. So he voted it down.  Lot's of NRA people came out against him, they did not understand, but hey, the NRA don't read legislation any more than the dems or reps do...but Amash promised us he would vote on nothing they would not let him read, and would read everything they tried to pass because of what they been putting putting in this stuff.  So far he's kept his end of the bargin.  And he does not trust the feds, and neither do I. 

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
Meet MN requirements and you can carry in MN.  Otherwise, forget it.

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
I have always been of the opinion that all this gun control and having to get a permit for a CCW, fill out papers when you purchase a gun, etc, is a bunch of "hogwash"!
Just another example of stomping all over the constitution!
Second Amendment " The right to keep and bear arms", I think clearly defines the right to have arms without all of these " Mickey Mouse" rules and regulations, and gun laws written for the most part by people that have no concept of guns or
anything about them. Most of these gun laws came to be from "Knee jerk" responses from those that have little education about guns and don`t want to learn!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
I don't trust the bill. It's just not an area I want the feds involved in. Once they get their foot in the door how long will it be until they decide we must have uniform standards in all states and ya just know it ain't gonna be one that is easy to get permits in that is used as the example all must follow.

I know having her against it makes it seem like a good thing but I don't believe it for a minute. What we really need is a moratorium on all legislation at the federal level for five years other than passing a budget. I don't think they've even managed to do that since O took over have they?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 02:43:01 AM »
Nope, no budget for 1100 and something days. I forget the actual number.

While I think states should recognize other states' ccws I do believe it should be a state decision.

I agree with others, I don't want the feds sticking their nose in this area of life as well as all the others they are trying to take over. Even though it would force my holdout state to join the 21st century.

GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 03:56:49 AM »
Good points Gentlemen! Even if the intentions of the folks that introduced the bill is good, the Feds could screw it up as they have with virtually everything.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:07:55 AM »
Streak is right on.
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 04:23:55 AM »
know having her against it makes it seem like a good thing but I don't believe it for a minute. What we really need is a moratorium on all legislation at the federal level for five years other than passing a budget. I don't think they've even managed to do that since O took over have they?

I definitely agree with that. The only reason the bill sounds good is that if passed ILL could no longer deny me the right to protect my family when we go visit. I don't like the feds in any aspect of my life. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 04:48:35 AM »
"We have to work harder to get 60 votes, and we're prepared to do that," NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said, referring to the number of senators needed to end a filibuster.
Feinstein wrote, "These dangerous bills ... would undermine states' rights by forcing nearly every state to accept the concealed carry permits issued by other states, even if the permit holder could not qualify for a permit i the state to which he is traveling."
She said major law enforcement agencies opposed the legislation.

Feinstein's argument is phony on the face of it. Your drivers license is valid in every state, even if you have a violation that would cause you to lose your license if it were issued  in another state, but not in your own. And the requirements for getting a license vary from state to state. (some states use a "point system" some have set thresholds such as "20mph over" for revocation) So how is this different than honoring a CC permit? ::)

Regarding "major law enforcement agencies" being opposed......bet they didn't ask the "rank and file" officers. They only ask the administrative side who want fed money so they parrot the liberal line to keep on the good side of the fed. When you ask the guys out there on the streets they are almost universally in favor of concealed carry.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME