Author Topic: Why can't I prefer my own race?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Why can't I prefer my own race?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 07:27:37 AM »
I disagree. I admit to knowing few Blacks, Texas is heavily self segregated. However I see far fewer outrightly racist Whites than Blacks.

I'm inclined to agree with you there, no doubt due to the imbalanced enforcement of so called "hate" laws. Otherwise everyone who was racist would be OPENLY racist.

It is a similar situation here in Medford. But I don't have to hear it to be aware of its presence, I can FEEL it!

I know it sounds cheesy, superstitious if you will and there is never any proof, but in my opinion, HATE radiates from people even when they are looking right at you with a big plastic Laura Bush smile on their faces.

(I was taught how to read people at an early age growing up around a narcotics sherif in LA. He was a mean bastard but a racist he was not. He treated everyone alike...just like sh**!)

I just try to pass it on by and keep my smile sincere by trying to convince myself in my mind and heart that there is still hope for all of us "children" (God's that is). But it isn't easy.

Remember, it's about HUMAN WRETCHEDNESS (to which no nationality or ethnicity is immune) not color. Get past this notion of color and you will have come one step closer to freeing yourself of the detrimental significance that you give to "THEM".

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »
One more while I'm at it when my father who was stationed out of Lackland AFB in the early 60's was away . My mother was accosted by two white thugs walking my sister in her stroller. It was her Hispanic neighbors, who came to her defense , while her white neighbors cowered in their houses behind their curtains.

The Hispanic neighbor men spoke to my dad when he returned and informed him of what happened,  and said your wife will always be safe on this street while your away, no worries. Why?  because I think my mom was always respectful to everyone she encountered and knew not to judge someone based on differences and not dislike whole groups of peoples based on one bad individual experience . It resonates throughout a community.

Semper Fi
This is what its all about! ....big Navy HOOYAHHHH to you mister. ;) 8) 

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 09:24:55 AM »
If I were dieing and the offer of a Black man's kidney would save my life then wouldn't it be foolish to take a pass on a basis of race? Am I racsist if I refuse to have sex with a Black woman? Because she is Balck?

That's funny really ,it would be different in my mind but to each his own. In your case ( the one you posted ) it could be the same as not wanting a red head or such. Or it could very well be racsest .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !