Author Topic: Trading .300 WSM??  (Read 662 times)

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
Trading .300 WSM??
« on: February 08, 2004, 04:56:53 PM »
A buddy of mine at work is trying to trade me out of my Win Mod 70 Super Shadow .300 WSM.He is planning of going to Colorado next year to hunt.I said I think about it;cuz I don't need my .300 and I hate the "kick" :lol:  Ok........he has  Rem 78 Sportsman .30/.06;Rem 742 Woodsmaster carbine .30/.06;Rem 742 Delux BDL .30/.06;T.C. stainless Super 14 .44 Mag;Marlin 1895 .45/.70  all have scopes.What do ya'll think? Oh yeah,on the .45/.70 he loads for this one and said he would load for me for $8.00/box.I don't know those 3 Rems are OLD.Anyway,need some advice....Thanks....Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline wizard 1

• Trade Count: (0)
Trading .300 WSM??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 06:00:12 AM »
:shock:   tell him you want cash.  then, look at a Browning in the same caliber, but with the BOSS system.  the recoil will be less than a 30-06.  I bought a Winnie set up that way, in good old 300 Win., and just love it.   if you like the caliber, but not the recoil, that is what I would do.  good luck!!  by the way.  Winchester only put the BOSS on rifles for a couple of years.  the purists thought it was just terrible.  :wink:
Don't like the weather?  wait 5 min., it'll change.

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
Trading .300 WSM??
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 10:44:32 PM »
Thanks Wiz....I  chose to swap with another buddy of mine at work tomrrow after work.Trading for a new Rem. 700 ADL synthetic .30/06with a 3 x 9 x 50 scope (I forget brand,guess I should have waited till tomrrow night so I'd know :cry: ) with Leupold mounts.Another buddy of mine there reloads and he said he would load several different loads and we would take .30/06 to range and see what was the best one.Make it a "tack driver" he said.                 Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline Big Hext Finnigan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php
Trading .300 WSM??
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 02:38:25 AM »
Howdy,

Reloading rifle ammo is one of life's little pleasures and I would encourage you to look into it for yourself.  
That said, factory ammo is soooo good right now, that I don't reload much any more, especially for my deer rifles.  Check out the premium ammunition as well as reloads.  It's a lot easier to buy Winchester or Hornady.  That way your not relying on your friend for all your ammo.

Adios,
But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.  - Edmund Burke