Author Topic: Does this request seem unreasonable to you ?  (Read 456 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Does this request seem unreasonable to you ?
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:06:38 AM »
   ...It doesn't to me.. (sorry about the colors & font..that's how I got it)

My grandfather watched as his friends died in WW I...My Father watched as his friends died in WW II and Korea ... I watched as my brothers friends died in Vietnam ... Now my friends and my children’s friends are dying in the Middle East ...None of them died for the Mexican Flag...

Everyone died for the U.S. flag...

In Texas , a student raised a Mexican flag on a school flag pole; another student took it down.
Guess who was expelled...
the kid who took it down.

Kids in high school in California were sent home this year on Cinco de Mayo because they wore T-shirts with the
American flag printed on them.

Enough is enough.

The below e-mail message needs to be viewed by every American; and every American needs to stand up for America .
We've bent over to appease the America-haters long enough...  I'm taking a stand...

I'm standing up because the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in wars for this country, and for the U.S. flag can't stand up...

And shame on anyone who tries to make this a racist message... 
Let me make this perfectly clear!
THIS IS MY COUNTRY!    And, because I make This statement    DOES NOT Mean I'm against immigration!!!     YOU ARE WELCOME HERE, IN MY COUNTRY!       Welcome!
To come through legally:  Get a passport ..then
  1. Get a sponsor!
2. Get a place to lay your head!
3.Get a job!
4.Live By OUR Rules!
5.Pay YOUR Taxes!
And   [/b]6.Learn the LANGUAGE---ENGLISH---like immigrants have in the past!!!
And..7.Please don't demand that we hand over our lifetime savings of Social Security Funds o you.
  you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,Then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! When will Americans STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS
We've gone so far the other way...
bent over backwards not to offend anyone...
[/b]P.U.S.H.

PRAY
UNTIL
SOMETHING
HAPPENS!!!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Does this request seem unreasonable to you ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »
I could not agree more, thanks for the post. We as Americans need to pull our heads out of the sand.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:55:25 AM »
IRONGLOW. A big AMEN. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:21:29 AM »
Not unreasonable, but probably unrealistic in light of who is running the country.  I, however disagree with the part about immigration.  I'm against it; I favor emigration for those who would change this country to something we wouldn't recognize.
Swingem

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:26 AM »
I agree. There are too many damn people in this country as it is. If it keeps up soon we will be elbow to elbow everywhere. I don't want to live in a coast to coast megalopolis. I am for an immigration moratorium.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
An internet "complaint" and call for "action" is akin to a spit in the wind.  Your sentiment is correct and to which I agree.  Make it so on election day by voting for the candidate that BEST represents Mom, Apple Pie, and the American Way. 

Well before the election, verify that each of you is registered to vote.  Ask and follow through on verification of OTHERS you know that they are registered to vote. 

Volunteer to drive registered voters to the poll - your polling place.  It takes what, 60-minutes of our day?  No one will know how they vote once inside, but getting them to the polls is of significant importance. 

Being registered and NOT voting hurts Mom, Apple Pie, and the American Way. 

Hurting Mom, Apple Pie, and the American Way could find you face down and in a ditch.

Don't hurt Mom, Apple Pie, and the American Way.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
I quit forwarding Emails like this and others , years ago. They often contain viruses or Trojans to troll for personal info on your PC. I did a little research on this one, and from what I found, like most forward mail's this one is not entirely true.The flag in question was not displayed on a flag pole, over our Stars and Stripes. It was draped from a balcony in the school building. Not saying I think it should be allowed, but most of these stories emailed and passed on , are usually BS or BS in part.

I believe in Flag etiquette, and in this country, no foreign flag should fly over our National Flag.
I don't like it being worn on clothing either.Even on Military uniform. I don't know when they changed that dress code, but we didn't wear it in the early to mid 60's. Perhaps the V.N. war!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:58:50 AM »
hmmm, my post was deleted.???
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye