Author Topic: Occupy deadbeats file suit over free speech.  (Read 2350 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Occupy deadbeats file suit over free speech.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 03:14:13 AM »
The OWS hoodlums seem to have no real agenda other than to cause trouble. I don't understand why someone would want to defend their "right" to do so.

Spanky

Exactly right. If they were serious they'd be at the whitehouse and congress, thats where the real problems lie. I smell the dnc in this garbage stronger every day. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

I don't agree with that. Actually, most of them do have one common thread, ANTI-CAPITALISM.
...................................................................................

..Just like the Democrats !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
TPers are the 'Tory" of our time.

the tories wanted to keep king george.  in fact, some were thrown in prison for their anti-revolution activities.
unless you have the power to change past history of course????
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »

The education departments do more to indoctranate than educate and huge amounts of money are spent for a dwindeling product.

I remember reading a few years ago that only 20 cents of every dollar allocated to the Department of Education makes it to the local school systems. The rest is spent on administering the department itself. >:(
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »

The education departments do more to indoctranate than educate and huge amounts of money are spent for a dwindeling product.

I remember reading a few years ago that only 20 cents of every dollar allocated to the Department of Education makes it to the local school systems. The rest is spent on administering the department itself. >:(
There is a town in Maine that has a really high end private school in the town.  The town figured out that it was cheaper to pay for each kid in town to attend the high end school than it was to build, maintain, and educate kids. 
Really makes the case for school vouchers.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 06:18:25 AM »
I don't know where TM gets his information, but the TEA party I know wants less government intrusion, but no continuing wars.  We want a fair flat or flater tax.  Taxing the rich 100% will only lower the federal deficit by 10%.  That is a joke.  You can tax them 100% but you have to have 90% cuts.  Obama doesn't want any cuts.  Also, everything will have to be cut, not just the military.  Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare.  Do away with Obamacare, and make some cuts everywhere else and you balance the budget.  ALLOW the FREE market forces to operate and we will pull out with the GROWTH of the economy. 

Cut taxes for manufacturers, this will allow factories to return and they offer health care for their workers.  Jobs are created AND thus taxes.

Allow drilling offshore, and everywhere else practical, this will add jobs and less dependence on Foreign oil.  Thus the money for oil would be spent here, not somewhere else.  Thus more jobs and taxes created.

Go back to the pre-98 banking rules.  Thus no more housing bubbles, but slower more steady growth. 

Go back to pre-Obama EPA rules, thus more practical regulations.

Get rid of the Education Department.  Kids have only gotten dumber.  Do away with public education altogether and go to a voucher system.  You get the credit but you choose the school your kids attend.  Government helps but doesn't control what your kids learn.  You do.

Get rid of the Energy Department.  They haven't solved the problem.  Never will.  Government bureaucracies allways find a new "crisis" to have to fix. Only regulate the Atomic energy. 

Get rid of farm subsities.  Use half the money instead to buy up excess at the lowest practical price for farmers to stay in business based on their tax returns and any losses.  Store the excess food for bad years or for natural disasters.

There are probably more ways to save money, like raising retirement age for those under 40.  Say from 35-40 retire at 67, from 30-35 retire at 68, from 25-30 retire at 69.  Under 25 will have to retire at 70. 

Have manditory sterilization for anyone on government assistance after 2-3 kids.  Doesn't require abortions.  Begin at some point to stop the insanity. 

Have lower taxes for married and higher for singles, especially if they have kids.  There should be no penalty for being married, but a reward so people will stay married and work out their problems.  Most are financial anyhow.  Kids raised by both natural parents turn out with fewer problems and get into less trouble and are higher achievers.  This should be rewarded. 

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 07:19:14 AM »

Allow drilling offshore, and everywhere else practical, this will add jobs and less dependence on Foreign oil.  Thus the money for oil would be spent here, not somewhere else.  Thus more jobs and taxes created.

Go back to pre-Obama EPA rules, thus more practical regulations.

Unfortunatly the left does nto see any drilling on US soil as Practical and any thing Pre -Obama will be seen a regressive and  we will hear the mantra of Dirty air, polluted water, and dead kids. 

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
TM7,
Is there a percentage that is too much for anyone to pay?  40%, 50%, 99.9999%
Is there a percentage that is too much for any coperation to pay?
Now as you well know a company looks at a tax as a cost and builds it into the cost of the good or service they provide.
All you are going ot do is create inflation in a stagnent economy and will cause massive unemployment in a desending economy.
How can the government gain $ and do all the stupid things liberals think important if no one is paying taxes because they are too high?
As for SS yes we have been paying into the ponzi scheem for years and years and not to mention that what I contribute my employer has doubled in his share.  The Democrats / liberals are the ones that have messed with SS and are the ones we should blame for killing it, by expanding it.  Also it is a lost enuity.  If I can renounce SS and allow them to take 20% of what is contributed and keep it while letting me privately invest the 80% I would not need SS and I can pass it on to relatives and loved ones unlike SS that was set up to start paying out at 65 when life expectancy was 58 at the time it was introduced.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
Here is what a low tax and right to work state has going for it:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/11/smallbusiness/manufacturing-alabama/index.htm?iid=EL

Before TM gets all upset, I live in a $2,800 sq ft house that cost me $225,000 7 years ago.  I installed a swimming pool and around 3,000 sq ft of deck, paver, and concrete area for entertaining.  I have a large family.  All this on a $54,000 a year salary.  The school system in my town is in the top 100 in the country (57th).  We have a new GE plant coming, Briggs & Stratton, several auto suppliers nearby.  A Kia factory about 45 miles away in one direction.  A Hundai factory about 60 miles the other direction.  Alabama has the 2nd best road system in the US behind Georgia.  We have a Republican governor and legislature.  Even in a right to work state, we have the highest union workforce in the south.  We have United Launch Alliance in Decataur in north Alabama making Atlas V and Delta IV rockets which launch about 90% of all the American satelites.  Sure there are still pockets of poverty in rural counties, but it isn't the Alabama of the 1950's anymore.  How, because we went from primarily a Democrat only state to a Republican state. 

I also strongly disagree with TM about the Tea Party.  We DO NOT ADVOCATE continuous wars.  We ADVOCATE less BIG GOVERNMENT. 

Hong Kong has no social security, no health care, and no welfare programs, yet the percentage of poor is lower than in America.  90% of the people have health insurance.  The people SAVE about 20-25% of their income for retirement.  IT CAN BE DONE.  Hong Kong is or was before being turned over to China the most Capitalist city-state in the world, yet with far fewer problems that countries with big government.  90% of the taxes in America are paid by the top 10% of the people.  If the private economy doesn't grow, the poor increase. 

Social security was robbed to pay for Medicare and Medicaid and to help cover the general fund. 

Occupy Wall Streeters are communists, lazy, mostly unemployed young people. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:05 AM »
on the news last night, they said that 100s of 1000s of jobs were available. but you need to go to trade school and prepare for them.  todays youth are afraid to get a little dirt under their fingernails.
they want a cushy office and wear a 3-piece suit.  we can't all be executives ::)
they want free tuition, free drugs, and contraception.  they have turned into a generation of vandals.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline DDZ

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »
on the news last night, they said that 100s of 1000s of jobs were available. but you need to go to trade school and prepare for them.  todays youth are afraid to get a little dirt under their fingernails.
they want a cushy office and wear a 3-piece suit.  we can't all be executives ::)
they want free tuition, free drugs, and contraception.  they have turned into a generation of vandals.

Exactly right Bugeye. There are all kinds of jobs that require some physical labor. Today many young people run the other way when they hear physical labor is involved. Many construction workers are getting very good pay now, because of the shortage of young people wanting to get work in that field. Again when we have a government that will house you, and feed you, its just so much easier to complain about not having a job then to go out and get one. To many people in this country have become lazy and spoiled.
A big problem is, kids are spending big money on some worthless degree that has no market place value at all. Then wonder why they can't find a job. A psychology degree, for instance without a masters is absolutely worthless. It has no market place value. Before kids go into debt up to their ears buying a degree, they need to use their brain just a bit before hand, and pick a degree that has market place value. Instead of investing in degrees like art history, english lit, or music therapy. Its just plain senseless to do that.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
My brother got laid off from a good paying job at a tire mfg co.  He got his unemployment for the two years they offered it.  The company offered to pay for school for 2 years.  He took heating and air conditioning.  He now works for a real estate company servicing their heating and air units and repairing appliances in apartment complexes.  He is 52 now, but relearned a new trade and has a job. 
There are a lot of trades always needed.  Heat/AC, electricians, plumbers, auto mechanics, LPN nurses, RN nurses, etc.  Even in bad economies.   

Offline DDZ

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »
My brother got laid off from a good paying job at a tire mfg co.  He got his unemployment for the two years they offered it.  The company offered to pay for school for 2 years.  He took heating and air conditioning.  He now works for a real estate company servicing their heating and air units and repairing appliances in apartment complexes.  He is 52 now, but relearned a new trade and has a job. 
There are a lot of trades always needed.  Heat/AC, electricians, plumbers, auto mechanics, LPN nurses, RN nurses, etc.  Even in bad economies.

Welders are another trade that there is a need for, and they are paid well. I believe if one is able and willing to put forth work and effort they can find a job. Whether its through educating yourself in something there is a need for, or through just plain ole sweat. Something it appears the occupy crowd isn't interested in doing.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2012, 02:54:27 AM »

Did they tell you what those jobs were? Where I live in southern Oregon, most of the jobs available are care giving, Government and those entry level jobs like McDonalds. Try to make the house payment, buy an auto, groceries and pay for an auto and insurance on those salaries! (With the exception of the Gov. job :D )What we have lost here as around the country are FACTORY jobs! We don't produce anymore.Today's youth are what they are because of our generation. Kids will be kids!No different today, than they were one hundred years ago. You can't blame the youth of today for the problems our generation created.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 05:05:19 AM »
Independent pipeline welders in Alabama make from $50-$100 and hour.  Most are over 50 years old.  No new younger guys coming in.  If you have a truck and welding machine with a few accessories, you can make this much.  Sure it is outside, but not in rain.  Sometimes you have to get in a ditch or pit to weld, but the pay is well worth it.  90% of pipeline welding is above ground, only tie-ins to existing lines are below grade in pits or ditches.  Ditches are shored if over 5' deep.  Must be dry.  That is why the Keystone pipeline can provide good paying jobs.  Welding is only one of them.  Inspectors, x-ray technicians, heavy equipment operators, corrosion technicians, engineers, surveyors, drafters, lawyers, real estate people.  Spin offs would be hotel-motel work, restaurant workers, gasoline and diesel fuel would be needed for equipment.  Mechanics to repair trucks, heavy equipment when needed.  A lot is temporary, but work is work, and money is spent here in America. 

Liberal arts graduates are mostly the ones who can't find jobs right now.  Psycology, Socialology, teachers, etc are the ones hurting for work.  Doctors, nurses, mechanics, welders, etc, can usually find jobs. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 05:19:37 AM »

Did they tell you what those jobs were? Where I live in southern Oregon, most of the jobs available are care giving, Government and those entry level jobs like McDonalds. Try to make the house payment, buy an auto, groceries and pay for an auto and insurance on those salaries! (With the exception of the Gov. job :D )What we have lost here as around the country are FACTORY jobs! We don't produce anymore.Today's youth are what they are because of our generation. Kids will be kids!No different today, than they were one hundred years ago. You can't blame the youth of today for the problems our generation created.
plumbers & helpers, pipe fitters, welders, carpenters, brick layers, mechanics "especially diesel", electricians, AC and gas fired equipment, and all the jobs mentioned by DDZ and Dixie Dude.
they showed a trade school in south Ga. and showed this young black kid laying bricks about 10 times faster than I could have done it in my best days. Ga has jobs.

this is how too many kids are
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tabacco-brothers-host-occupy-a-desk-jobs-fair-at-zuccotti-park-occupiers-pelt-them-with-birdseed/
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline DDZ

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »
A heavy construction labor gets between 20 and 30 bucks an hour. These jobs are there to be had, but it does take physical work to do the job. Many young men today just are not interested in physical labor. That is a fact. They would whether sit around and whine that the only job they can find is McDonalds, and Burger King. There are other jobs in the construction industry that pay over thirty bucks an hour, with some of them learned while on the job. Like carpentry, Iron worker, Boilermaker, operator, electrician, mason, painter, diver, etc...etc.. these jobs all require physical labor.
 My brother started out in construction as a laborer and is now a superintendent on multi million dollar bridge jobs. No college or trade schools, all it took was hard work and a desire to exceed. Something it seams to many are afraid now. Or maybe its just to many have the entitlement mentality. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 02:30:41 AM »
In the liberal vocabulary, "work" is a dirty word.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 03:33:02 AM »
  Remember trhat idiot graduate student that Hannity disassembled on TV ?   Hannity  actually took him up on his need for a job. Shawn got him a job offer for $38,000.00..but the clown turned it down as being "beneath him".  You will note that this cretan suggests the NYPD sent rapists, street defecators and drug users down to Zucotti park..since the OWS gang had none of their own.. ;)   ;D   ;D   Pitiful thing is , some..even on this forum eat that BS up.. :P

Here's some of Hannity's disassembly work; it's only 1 & 1/2 minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7IjLTCnTLxg#!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 04:15:54 AM »
I have been to TEA party meetings.  Parade permits or permits to use a park or public area was obtained for a certain length of time.  Speakers were there pushing TEA party cantidates for various offices.  The general theme is cut government spending, less government interferance in our lives, less regulations hindering business growth and thus job creation.  Nothing was said of continuous wars, nothing was said about foreign policy.  General theme of family values, less government, less taxes, less or modified regulations, more pragmatism.  They actually were more libertarian.  Many there supported Ron Paul.  Many spoke of going back to the gold standard.  I just absolutely do not see where TM is comming from.  I don't think he has ever been to one. 

The occupy movement is incoherrent.  There is no statment of greviances that the government could actually do anything about.  Only class warfare, bring down the big corporations, do away with capitalism, etc, etc.  No solutions mentioned like at a TEA party rally.  Just complaints in general with no cantidates listed to support, no policies, no statement of goals.  It is nothing but anarcy and general protests.  At least in the 60's it was about civil rights, womens rights, or stopping the war in Vietnam.  There were actual statements of what people wanted. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 06:31:22 AM »

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 06:41:50 AM »
IG...could you please link us to the job offered by Slash Hannity's to his 'mark'...thanx.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.Dixie Dude....Great, I'm glad you're doing well and happy..Me too. ..I wish the same for most all folks as it should be.  Foremost in the Tea Party Doctrine is institutionalized islamophobia....this infers perpetual war and further entrenchment of a security state...because war against terrorism is war against an idea....it can never be won, just continued and the reason for undoing freedom, liberty and nullifying the Constitution as recent legislation documents. .  This is reason #1 why the TP is employed as 'useful idiots' serving as tories to the Oligarchy.
The Tea Party is not Islomophobic.  There is a difference bewteen Seperation of Church and state and having a relegion shoved down your throat.  You can worship all you want and how you want, but when you worship targets to kill anyone outside of and even inside of your religon.  If you have a plot to over throw our government and kill our citizens unless we agree, then we have a problem.  We went ot war as we wanted the terrorists and Nations harbored them.  Same as if a European, country had harbored pirates.  The war is not against the religon but those that have used that religon to attack us and our allies. it is aboout reality of the sutuation

The next reason is about taxes...reducing taxes on corps and wealthy elites amounts in undoing democracy and further empowerment of elitist influence groups which will own the governmnet lock stock and barrel. Lower taxes on corps and elites amounts to a socialized shifting of taxes to you and the all middle class...thereby we all pay to support the largess of wealthy and governmnet running wild...whereas taxing corps amounts to taxing only those who buy or use there services and products perserving freedom of choice. Low tax eras have never catalyzed business booms per sey, except in financials (which is nowadays corrupt and fraudlent and resulted in pilfering average Americans wealth)--in other words why spend money in production endeavors when you can make and keep more money from money manipulation.....this is another way the Tory Tea Party is undoing America.  The Tea Party further ignores and avoids all major issues affecting Americans including fraudlent absconding with SS funds and diluting medicare which is primarily monies shifted to the M .I.C.-intel industries and other criminal syndicate activities. And they are part and parcel to maintaining a fractional reserve banking debt slavery. The TP is 'tory' thru and thru and its ashame...People entranced by the TP are little more than Stockholm Syndrome victims....
America will never be right until Healthcare slavery and Debt slavery are ended, the system operates fairly with justice without fraud and theft, and foreign policy is normalized. This requires People taking back control of the governmnet from the Oligarchy buying it using your money...Until that time--consider yourself a slave of some kind..
...TM7

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »
OWS useful idiots..support terrorism:  http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/occupiers-back-bridge-bombing-suspects/?cat_orig=us

Looks like some in the movement are desperate to get someone killed. They apparently need the coverage that would bring them. So they will push the boundries until it happens and then try to blame "the establishment". ::)

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »
 TM asks;
  " IG...could you please link us to the job offered by Slash Hannity's to his 'mark'...thanx."
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I don't know if i can find a link but Hannity reported such.  Of course, you will disbelieve Hannity and myself, but here are some links which will prove that sgt schultz would refused a decent, $38,000 starting job.

Here he demands $80,000 to $100,000 for a 35 hour job w/2 hours off for lunch each day.  All this for a degree in "sociology" , a field that is overcrowded already.  If you doubt that, view the video and hear him say it ! 
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/harrison-schultz-give-me-a-job-hannity-ok-i-get-you-a-job-schultz-has-to-be-above-80000-3/question-2642319/?page=1&postId=83864307#post_83864307

In the video, he claims anything less would be "too menial" for him..   But to say as he did, there are "no jobs" is a complete lie, as demonstrated here, where a couple in Atlanta found a $70-90 K job for him in 6 minutes...if he is any good.;
       http://allpatriotsmedia.com/2012/05/a-job-for-occupier-harrison-schultz-found-online-in-six-minutes/

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
IG, it doesn't matter if you look for a link online for what TM is demanding. If you find one he will try to find a away to discredit it, witness his immediate reaction to the link you just posted. But you have to understand, if it isn't "online" it doesn't exist as far as TM is concerned. What one sees on the telly, or hears on the radio, is non existant. If it didn't occur online it isn't real. Doesn't matter how many people actually saw it or heard it. ::)

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 09:41:53 AM »
.......almost forgot, if you tell him to find it himself, he will claim he can't find it. And if you then give it to him he will try to change the direction of the debate immediately.

Best just to leave him dangling. ::)

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
.......almost forgot, if you tell him to find it himself, he will claim he can't find it. And if you then give it to him he will try to change the direction of the debate immediately.

Best just to leave him dangling. ::)
Much like when you ask him direct questions he ignores them.  He likes to spout the Big Government lines while telling you it is all Big business that is the problem.  Standard leftist tactic.  The Communists did it in 1915, National Socialists did it in the 30's and the Democrats have been doing it since the 60's.  Create a boogie man, lampoon him, discredit him, vilify him and then tell you the answer has to be government, either more, bigger or more intrusive.  There is no end to his type of intrusion.  No matter what you pay as a tax it is not enough, no matter what a company pays in taxes they are not paying enough and are corrupt for paying what they pay.   

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »
  I have to skip over much of his posts.. I refuse to spend time trying ti decipher all the "conspiracy addict"  pidgin English..

Offline powderman

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »
  I have to skip over much of his posts.. I refuse to spend time trying ti decipher all the "conspiracy addict"  pidgin English..

YEP, I rarely read their posts either. Nonsensical and Too much jibberish. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm