Author Topic: Texaco Taurak Lubricant  (Read 1157 times)

Offline cooper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« on: January 29, 2004, 08:21:40 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of Texaco Taurak lube?  (I'm not exactly sure of the spelling   -  Taurok, or Tarack or something like that).

I understand that it used to be used in cars.  If it is still available, I want to get some and use it as a lube-making ingredient.

I did an internet search but couldn't find anyuthing.

Is it still made?  Has anyone used it for lube-making?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 11:16:04 AM »
had some a long time ago i think its simular to javalina
blue lives matter

Offline Blackhawk44

• A Real Regular
Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 01:16:50 PM »
Used to be sold and packaged to be used in lubrisizers.  When first introduced read a review which spoke highly of it.  Been a while since I've seen any.

Offline Jack Monteith

Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 06:45:27 AM »
Neco has Taurak and I heard they bought up a life-time supply when Texaco discontinued it.
http://www.neconos.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=8&cart=9196

Bye
Jack

Offline cooper

• Avid Poster
Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »
Thanks everyone.

Jack, do you happen to know when it was discontinued?   I wonder if I could still find some of it somewhere.

Offline FAsmus

Re: Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 02:53:48 PM »
Cooper,

C: Has anyone ever heard of Texaco Taurak lube?  (I'm not exactly sure of the spelling   -  Taurok, or Tarack or something like that).

F:  This stuff was once known as Texaco Tauax 250. It is a water soluable grease with a relitively high melting point: Nothing like Javelina at all.

Generally it is a good lube as-is but it mixes well with bees' wax at 60/40 (by volumn) ratio and a dab of vasoline to "cut" it just a little for a very good bullet lube.

The bullets thus lubed are somewhat sticky/messy to handle. The fix here is to buy some powdered Midway Mica and roll the lubed bullets in it lightly. Then they'll not only be easily handled but the mica itself improves the performance of my loads, especially in revolvers.

Good evening,
Forrest

Offline Jack Monteith

Texaco Taurak Lubricant
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 04:17:52 PM »
It was discontinued several years ago, not exactly sure of the year.  You may find some at a bulk dealer yet, but NECO is the only sure bet.

Click on the line below this one to go to NECO's catalog. Taurak is way down at the bottom.
http://www.neconos.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cat=8&cart=9196

Bye
Jack