Author Topic: U.S. has 55 daily encounters with suspected terrorists.  (Read 1177 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7lnA9rJPuGQAjDFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZ2lsdHNhBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA0g0NjVfODA-/SIG=13hvh1ai4/EXP=1337157440/**http%3a//www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/15/usa-watchlists-idUSL1E8GEFIA20120515%3ffeedType=RSS

U.S. has 55 daily encounters with "suspected terrorists"ReutersBy Mark Hosenball | Reuters – 2 hrs 0 mins ago    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Law enforcement and homeland security personnel face an average of 55 daily encounters with "known or suspected terrorists" named on government watchlists, officials told Reuters.     The figure - which equals more than 20,000 contacts per year - underscores the growing sweep of the watchlists, which have expanded significantly since a failed Christmas Day 2009 bombing attempt of a U.S. airliner. But officials note that very few of those daily contacts lead to arrests.
Civil liberties groups question the use of watchlists, and they have been ridiculed for ensnaring innocent citizens.
U.S. officials said the encounters, which involve airport and border security personnel as well as federal and local law enforcement officers, are reported to the Terrorist Screening Center (TSC), an interagency unit led by an FBI official based in a tightly guarded building in northern Virginia.
At its headquarters, the TSC operates a 24-hour command center, resembling something from a Hollywood thriller, complete with giant wall-screen projections and signs flashing "SECRET."
Officials said that when a law enforcement or homeland security officer in the field stops a person whose name matches a name in the TSC's databases, the officer is supposed to phone the TSC command center for instructions. Based on information in the databases, the TSC then will advise the officer in the field how to proceed, which could range from releasing the suspect to calling in federal officers as backup.
The command center gets between 100 and 150 inquiries a day, of which an average of 55 involve individuals who turn out to be listed on one of the federal watch lists, officials said. Of those calls, about 60 percent come from federal officers at border or airport security posts; the rest come from local police.
"There are incidents every single day," said TSC director Timothy Healy.
The watchlists include the best known "no fly list" as well as a "selectee list" of people who the government thinks should get extra screening or questioning before being allowed to board an airplane.
LISTS GET LONGER
Officials acknowledge that the number of names on these lists - and particularly the no-fly list - have grown considerably since Christmas Day 2009, when a Nigerian-born militant who was listed in a classified database called TIDE, but not the no-fly list, successfully boarded a US-bound aircraft but then failed to detonate a bomb which Yemeni militants had helped him stash in his underpants.
Before that incident, the number of names on the no-fly list was around 4,000. U.S. officials said it now contains about 20,000 names while the selectee list contains another 18,000.
A new threat to aviation security surfaced earlier this month, in the form of a foiled plot by al Qaeda's Yemeni affiliate to deploy a more sophisticated "underwear" bomb.
The watchlists have been the subject of controversy - most recently last week when an 18-month-old girl and her parents were taken off a JetBlue flight when the toddler's name appeared on a no-fly security list, apparently the result of a computer glitch.
While the U.S. government has instituted measures to enable people to petition for their names to be deleted, officials insist that over time the lists have become more accurate.
Watchlisting officials say that airlines maintain their own lists of potentially troublesome passengers; often, they said, when a well-publicized case arises of a prominent or innocent person being denied boarding, it is because the air carrier, rather than the government, misconstrued the identity of someone on its proprietary lists.
But Nusrat Choudhury, a lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union, said her organization is pursuing legal action on behalf of people who have unjustifiably been restricted from flying. She said redress mechanisms maintained by the government are at best "ineffective."
Two or three of the inquiries per day turn out to be people listed on the "no fly" list, the most restrictive of the watchlists maintained by the TSC.
A suspect's name is put on the "no fly" list if they are deemed by government experts to be a threat to aviation, to be planning an attack or if they are "operationally capable" and are known to be planning to attend, or to have already attended, a militant training camp.
Fewer than 500 of the individuals on the no-fly list are U.S. citizens, officials said.
(Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Leatherneck

Re: U.S. has 55 daily encounters with suspected terrorists.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 03:38:50 PM »
The whole "aviation security" claim of recent days is really laughable.
Flying with terrorists is safer than driving on our highways.
"To put it in perspective, roughly 30,000 people have been killed in car accidents in the USA in 2008. That's the equivalent of two Boeing 747's loaded with passengers crashing and killing everyone on board, each and every week of the year."
 If you want to be pissed off about something, look up stats on just how many people die annually from faulty seatbelts. Another larger issue we have is Americans killing other Americans. We lost more in gun violence last year than in 7 yrs of fighting in Iraq.
In the last few days of the Iraq war, you had more of a chance to die from a vehicle roll over than hostile fire and IEDs.
Terrorist phobia is really overrated in terms of actual importance. And I say this as a veteran.

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
The whole "aviation security" claim of recent days is really laughable.
Flying with terrorists is safer than driving on our highways.
"To put it in perspective, roughly 30,000 people have been killed in car accidents in the USA in 2008. That's the equivalent of two Boeing 747's loaded with passengers crashing and killing everyone on board, each and every week of the year."
 If you want to be pissed off about something, look up stats on just how many people die annually from faulty seatbelts. Another larger issue we have is Americans killing other Americans. We lost more in gun violence last year than in 7 yrs of fighting in Iraq.
In the last few days of the Iraq war, you had more of a chance to die from a vehicle roll over than hostile fire and IEDs.
Terrorist phobia is really overrated in terms of actual importance. And I say this as a veteran.

Terrorism is about message, it’s about paralysis, it’s not always about body count.  And I say that as a Veteran.

Offline Leatherneck

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »
Im pretty sure if horses could talk they'd tell us why they were killing 200 Americans a year too.
The whole logic of focusing on literally inconsequental causes of death or fear is probably the definition of lunacy and paranoia.
But what you're saying is...lets focus on what might have happened instead of trying to rectify that which is happening on a daily basis and taking a higher toll.

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
Im pretty sure if horses could talk they'd tell us why they were killing 200 Americans a year too.
The whole logic of focusing on literally inconsequental causes of death or fear is probably the definition of lunacy and paranoia.
But what you're saying is...lets focus on what might have happened instead of trying to rectify that which is happening on a daily basis and taking a higher toll.

What I’m saying is that horses and cars aren’t trying to murder us, they are risks that everyone accepts and has to take their chances with.

Offline Leatherneck

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 06:06:22 PM »
Yes, we can safely say horses are NOT trying to murder us. They ARE murdering us and in good numbers.
Thats the difference.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:10:26 AM »
I've always thought it made sense to worry about the things in rough proportion to the likelihood that it will get me.  So I don't worry much about getting attacked by bears or mountain lions and I worry a fair amount about driving on rural highways at night during the rut.  It's about numbers.  For the same reason I always smile when you see some gigantic fat guy big-talkin' about all his, "survival" gear.  Dude's going to die of heart disease 100x more often than anything that "survival" gear can help.

I think I read recently that you are more likely as a non-combatant American to be killed by a falling TV than by a terrorist.  I don't really spend much time worrying about either or those. 

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:16:30 AM »
Im   surprised    there   only   55   ,   seeing     the millions    of    muzzies    going   in   &   out    of    country.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 03:19:16 AM »
Quote from mcbammer:
"Im   surprised    there   only   55   ,   seeing     the    millons    of    muzzies    going   in   &   out    of    country."

Maybe those other millions are just trying to go on with their everyday lives and don't care to kill anyone. :o
GuzziJohn

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »
I   wonder   if   the    muslim    voting    community    will    lean    Rep  or Dem.

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 04:19:51 AM »
Maybe those other millions are just trying to go on with their everyday lives and don't care to kill anyone. :o
GuzziJohn

guzzi. And many are possibly patiently awaiting orders that were given to atta and others who seemed to live here peaceably.
Mcbammer. The muzzies helped elect imam obama, he is seen by them as one of them. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 04:39:16 AM »
Quote from Powderman:
"guzzi. And many are possibly patiently awaiting orders that were given to atta and others who seemed to live here peaceably. Mcbammer. The muzzies helped elect imam obama, he is seen by them as one of them. POWDERMAN. "

Guess everyone has there own set of fears, some based in reality, some not.
GuzziJohn

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »
Quote from Powderman:
"guzzi. And many are possibly patiently awaiting orders that were given to atta and others who seemed to live here peaceably. Mcbammer. The muzzies helped elect imam obama, he is seen by them as one of them. POWDERMAN. "

Guess everyone has there own set of fears, some based in reality, some not.
GuzziJohn
Some of them are based in religion & political ideology. Doesn't matter whether the purported fears are true or not, just that they fit the narrative.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »
I've always thought it made sense to worry about the things in rough proportion to the likelihood that it will get me.  So I don't worry much about getting attacked by bears or mountain lions and I worry a fair amount about driving on rural highways at night during the rut.  It's about numbers.  For the same reason I always smile when you see some gigantic fat guy big-talkin' about all his, "survival" gear.  Dude's going to die of heart disease 100x more often than anything that "survival" gear can help.

I think I read recently that you are more likely as a non-combatant American to be killed by a falling TV than by a terrorist.  I don't really spend much time worrying about either or those.

great idea but it makes way too much sense ...................
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »
BE AFRAID.... BE VERY AFRAID :o :o :o :o  (Gina Davis in "The Fly").

Haven't got time to be afraid man.

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 04:45:39 AM »
Some of you seem to only care about NOW. What about future generations?? Your children and grandchildren?? A cancer starts out as just a speck thats hardly noticed. Left untreated it grows rapidly until it consumes the entire body and we die. Islam is such a cancer, a boil on the butt of the entire world, therefore we are fighting a global war on islam, or GWOI. We are armed, future generations may not be. As long as there are muslims, liberals, dems, and other mentally challenged folks we are in danger of being disarmed and forced to lose all of our rights and priveleges. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
Some of you seem to only care about NOW. What about future generations?? Your children and grandchildren?? A cancer starts out as just a speck thats hardly noticed. Left untreated it grows rapidly until it consumes the entire body and we die. Islam is such a cancer, a boil on the butt of the entire world, therefore we are fighting a global war on islam, or GWOI. We are armed, future generations may not be. As long as there are muslims, liberals, dems, and other mentally challenged folks we are in danger of being disarmed and forced to lose all of our rights and priveleges. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
There was a time, long ago, when the same was said of Christianity.

I do worry about my children and even my yet to be born grandchildren. But I don't believe that there is a ONE suit wearing politician in office today, either Republican or Democrat; conservative or liberal, that gives a rats ass about the best interests of anyone other than the ones fronting the money for their campaigns and re-elections so that they can continue wearing those fancy suits and living a life of excess  and privilige.

As such, I would prefer to spend my time raising street smart kids who are able to QUESTION and see through the veil of BS with which they are bombarded by the mainstream.

I can understand and empathize with those who fear Muslims, terrorists and anything else that is different than that with which they are familiar and comfortable.

But I have to wonder about just how much information (and the source of said info) upon which these fears are based.

To say " I learned ALL I needed to know about Islam on 911" to me, is like saying "I learned all I needed to know about Christianity after I studied the inquisitions" (the inquisitions being responsible for the death and torture of millions; genocide).

Just different perspectives of course.

Some people see "the evil non-Christian Muslims", the Democrats and the "commies" as a great threat. And on a certain level they may well be (of course I find it difficult to tell who is who these days).

From my perspective, the biggest and MOST EMINENT threat to my children is that glowing box. Yes, one has to be in touch of course, but I never take anything I hear from the mouth of, a "suit", a "badge" or a "uniform" as gospel.

Everyone who chooses to be in the public eye is pushing an angle. And if that angle may one day send my sons to war overseas, you can bet, having been there myself, that I'm going to examine every single microscopic aspect of it because from my perspective and experience, there is a WHOLE lot more to it all than just US and THEM ($$$$$).

I wish that the world was as black and white (no racial conotation whatsoever), left and right, and as clear cut and concise as the suits on TV seem to present it, and as so many people seem to believe, but I just don't buy it.

The Muslims are here!!! Well so what.

So are the gang bangers, the neo nazis, the Ku Klux Klan. The list can go on and on about what we should all be afraid of. You've got your guns. You're one man with one sword and thats as it should be.

On a Christian note: remember, "he who lives by the sword......"

Those "suits", "badges" and "uniforms" on TV are nothing but a bunch of Chicken Littles working for a menace that none will see untill it's too late. They feed and profit off of carnage. NONE of them wants to make it better.

I truly and most sincerely wish for you peace, love, and happiness in your life Powderman.

Don't let the "suits" and the "evil muslims" own too much of your time. The storm will come sure enough. We KNOW that much (although I don't know that it will be raining muslims). It's inevitable

When it does come, welcome it with all your might. Untill then live and love.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:52 AM »
If you believe in freedom you will understand attacks on it and our laws must be delt with . In this country no religion is the govt. it is important to remain that way to remain free. I don't consider trusting in God the same as allowing one brand of religion dictate law to all. Some can't see the difference.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
To say " I learned ALL I needed to know about Islam on 911" to me, is like saying "I learned all I needed to know about Christianity after I studied the inquisitions"

FINISHER. I truly do understand what you are trying to say, but that was hundreds of years ago, I'm talking about NOW. Even then, the crusades were fighting, who else, muslim hoardes. I've lost 2 neices to that cult, both raised in the Christian church. They got mixed up with the cult in Lou and renounced Jesus Christ to accept mohamed. THAT, is the biggest goal of islam, taking folks away from Jesus. Every convert to islam is a soul lost to satan himself. They are peaceful as long as they are outnumbered. Attas, and several others neighbors thought they were nice peaceful guys, but they were simply  sleepers waiting for orders, which they got. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
Some of you seem to only care about NOW.
every Muslim in America?
What about future generations?? Your children and grandchildren??
what do you propose we do for them? Give a specific answer, if you've got one. My money is, you don't.
A cancer starts out as just a speck thats hardly noticed. Left untreated it grows rapidly until it consumes the entire body and we die. Islam is such a cancer
What do you propose to do about this cancer? Let us hear it? Or are you just gonna vent some more innuendo and anger?
... a boil on the butt of the entire world...WAIT... is Islam a boil (on the butt!), or is it a cancer? Which? What's the diff, other than contempt de jour?
therefore we are fighting a global waWhat, because we're not willing to slaughter r on islam, or GWOI.
are you disappointed? Would you like to see the slaughter begin? Whom shall we kill first?
We are armed, future generations may not be. As long as there are muslims, liberals, dems, and other mentally challenged folks we are in danger of being disarmed and forced to lose all of our rights and priveleges. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Well... that's a long hit list. Who do you kill first?
I've lost 2 neices to that cult, both raised in the Christian church. They got mixed up with the cult in Lou and renounced Jesus Christ to accept mohamed. THAT, is the biggest goal of islam, taking folks away from Jesus.
Hmmm.... I wonder what Jesus would like for us to do about that? WWJD to Muslims?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
FINISHER. Read what is NOW going on within the LAPD. It's coming to a town near us all. Story from 2011. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/lapd-chief-hosts-quarterly-muslim-forum-announces-fatwa/

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »
Can I assume that fear of ones own government is preferable to a fear of terrorists?  This government intrusion into every aspect of our lives is in fact terrorism, is it not?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
we have a growing Muslim army living in side our boarders.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »
  I say the American people encounter thousands of acts of terror every day. Many of them look like this.

Note to the moderators. I hope this post does not go too far. This is a reality I have to live with everyday. I think if America will except these crimes and acts of terror, there is no hope for our constitutional republic.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
FINISHER. Read what is NOW going on within the LAPD. It's coming to a town near us all. Story from 2011. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/lapd-chief-hosts-quarterly-muslim-forum-announces-fatwa/
The LA I knew as a kid has certainly changed since the 1970s. I witnessd the tail end of "white flight", went to school with the kids of refugees that fought along side our troops in Viet Nam; dated more asian girls than anything while in highschool, bumped skulls with Armenian pride-"ists".

During the 80s the big fear was the Russian nuclear arsenal. Now their are Rusian gangsters running brothels, drugs and, gambling from LA up to Seattle(and they speak better English than many young Americans); not to mention all the asian brothels at every other mile; Aryan brotherhood in Orange and Riverside county just neighboring LA.

Most people don't know the difference between Mexicans and Central / South Americans. For one, the border crossed Mexico long before mexicans ever started crossing "the border".  Mexico has had a similar problem with Centrals and Souths flowing into that country and I've seen their influence grow in LA. They are a much more ruthless breed.

Christian extremists shooting up abortion clinics and stalking doctors in their neighborhoods (I am pro life but that is an issue between me, my wife  and a higher power and no one else).

Due to some minor indescretion as a youngster. I even had to endure a short "vacation" in the notorious LA County Jail. Only took one visit to knock the "stupid" out of me. But I came out none the worse for wear.

Then it was the "War on Drugs" . I lived in the epicenter of that one. Crooked cops competing with each others units over who would get to rob which dealers. My best friends dad was one of these "upstanding pillars of society".

Like I said before, its a matter of perspective.

For most of my life I've had a ringside seat to one of the wildest freakshows on earth. The diversity of the people with whom I've lived is almost unequaled to that of any other city in the world.

I've witnessed high speed pursuits, muggings, shootings, murders...you name it. As a teenager I never expected to live past thirty. So I guess I've been on borrowed time for quite a while now.

The point you ask? I have had very FEW problems on a racial, religious, or politiacal basis with anyone in my travels either in LA or the rest of the world.

I have had people of many cultures and backgrounds welcome me into their homes. My experience over all has been quite contradictory to what the main stream is saying I should believe.

Sure, I've met plenty of the unbalanced J**k offs from every persuasion; Christian, Muslim, Hebrew, black, white yellow...whatever. On the outside, they look and sound different but on a deeper level, to me anyway, they all seem quite of the same mentality. Just my perspective.

LAPD has it's own BS way of "humoring" rabble rousers and the like. It lets people "think" they have a voice and keeps the peace in what is a huge powder keg. Did I mention I witnessed the riots up close. Frightening Man!! They had to call in the Marines on that one.

But LAPD and LASD are their own armies and they train their goons in that way. I don't blame anyone but the "suits(for whom I did not vote/ yes, I vote), the "badges"(who safeguard the "suits") and the "uniforms" (of whom I was one)who in reality, safegaurd the silent hidden menace at the top, whoever they may be.

I empathize with you Powderman, truly but I am utterly and completely numb to it. You cannot hold back the storm. It's been a long time coming and we all helped to stir it in some way.

All I can say about terrorist armies in the US and every other thing that I'm told to fear is secure for sea and stand by for heavy rolls. It's probably going to be one interesting cruise.

Fair seas and peace to you Powderman,

Finisher

Offline powderman

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 03:43:08 AM »
LOST FARMBOY. Good post, thank a muslim.
FINISHER. The changes you noted in your post actually shows part of the range I am talking about. POWDERMAN.  :D :D

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 03:53:14 AM »
we have a growing Muslim army living in side our boarders.
Yet we continue to engage the general populace.

I could understand deprivation and sacrifice in the interest of a war. Humiliation and disregard of personal liberties in the interest of security theater? No Thank You, I'll take my chances on an occasional car bomb slipping through the authorities  ::) fingers.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 09:48:33 AM »
LOST FARMBOY. Good post, thank a muslim.
FINISHER. The changes you noted in your post actually shows part of the range I am talking about. POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Change is inevitable. During the peak of the "Asian Invasion" of the San Gabriel Valley from the mid 80s to about the mid 90s, many were saying the same thing about them.... "They are sleepers", "subversive commie hordes" waiting for the order... Maybe one day that order may come. Sure would hate to have to shoot some of my old high school buddies.

I would rather be the Captain of my own ship than be the Fleet Admiral any day. if you get my meaning.

The last thing I want to do is perpetuate hatred and FEAR even IF the other jerk is doing it to me.

I'm no Muslim, Jew, Hindu, or Buddhist...nor am I an athiest but lets just imagine I said that I wasn't even a Christian. Where do my children and I fit in to all this?

To an extreme Muslim, I'm an infidel. To an extreme Christian, I'm a heathen in spite of the fact that I believe in a "divine" power.

To me both mentalities are very similar. One side may not be bombing cars and taking quite as aggressive an approach but I find the mentality of "the absolute" quite disturbing non the less.

I mentioned the inquisitions earlier and you responded something to the effect that  "....that was a long time ago".
I have seen where history has a frightening habit of repeating itself. Just saying.

Devout Christian...? My "spiritual jury" is still out on that one. But I truly believe (key word BELIEVE, not KNOW) that there is a here after. And my faith in that is so Strong that I FEAR NO DEATH. Sure I want to go on living, but not in fear.

The fundamental teachings, by themselves (minus the people and the churches and all the other "flaws),of Christianity are not so hard for me to accept. I don't see what the big deal is. If you new that all you had to do was lay down your life to save humanity, would it really be so hard for you to do so.

If Jesus himself told you to place your weapon on the deck , step away from it and suffer your death in the face of the "Muslim hordes" :o  in order to save humanity and bring peace,  and you TRULY KNEW WITHOUT DOUBT IN YOUR SOUL that it would be so, would it really be so difficult?

Change is inevitable...we all have an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE, and on that, when we meet our maker, is what we shall INDIVIDUALLY be judged.

I had already seen enough hatred and killing and stupidity in my life before I went into the service. I'm not REALLY numb as I said. I just try to be as good to every one individual as I can before I make any judgements as a whole and go painting the place with a war flag.

You cannot stop the tide any more than you can alter the currents of the sea. Just Navigate them with skill and respect. Keep the higher ground.

Finisher.

Offline powderman

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »
I'm no Muslim, Jew, Hindu, or Buddhist...nor am I an athiest but lets just imagine I said that I wasn't even a Christian. Where do my children and I fit in to all this?

FINISHER. You fit in because you are Americans and have no so called religion that teaches death to all who will not convert. Neither Christians, Jews, hindus, or Buddhists are murdering folks all over the world, only muslims, and thats my point. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D