Author Topic: Remington  (Read 796 times)

Offline Garandless

• Trade Count: (0)
Remington
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »
Wow! I know they are doing a great job fitting my two new barrels.  When i check online I get this.."Repairman is in the process of servicing the firearm/part."  They have been working on it for over 4 weeks.

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
Re: Remington
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
Four weeks, you could have found two in classifieds and fitted both yourself and been shooting them three weeks ago  ;D ;D
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
That sounds like a long time. Most guys seem to be reporting a 2 week turn around time.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:28:42 PM »
Just depends on barrel availability when they get to your frame, if they don't have the barrel(s) you ordered in stock, you'll be waiting, latest turn around has been a week or two as Dave said, sometime even quicker.

Tim

Got my Handi back yesterday with the .357 Mag. 18-3/4" barrel installed.   Took less than two weeks! Thanks!
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Garandless

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »
No, I hate to be negative, but this is just poor service.  When they took my order and credit card, they should have reserved my barrels.  They said they were in stock at that time.  Also, I specifically asked if I could just mail the receiver.  I was told to mail the stock and receiver, extra shipping expense of +$22.00 from Hawaii.  Not to mention that their H&R website had not been updated for years.  Its about useless as far as knowing what is available.  I'm at the limit of my patience. 

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
"During periods of high demand, please allow SIX TO EIGHT weeks for delivery of your additional barrels or accessories if the parts are in stock. Installation time may vary depending upon service demands. Backorder times will vary."

It looks like it's only half-time. :'(   Seriously, hang in there.  I'm sure our secret agent will be there to help you in the morning.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 12:45:17 AM »
My last turn around time was 5 working days that was last week
Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 12:46:27 AM »
  Online Brian56 
  •   Brian56
        H&R. NEF  support, here is an update on customer service.
  Remington as most of you all know has bought Marlin/ H&R. And I have posted here what barrels & stocks are available to you. What you do not know is that because of a software glitch, customer service, in Madison N.C. did not know what barrels & stocks were added or removed  to the H & R accessory program. Because of this software glitch many of you have called Customer service about Barrel and or stock availability and were told that they were not in stock, or available. This is not true. We, H & R Remington have just completed our yearly Inventory as of 3-13 -12  and we are in the processing of updating our software. Please note that some of these barrels, and stocks are not stock Inventory parts, but they were a special order customer over run parts for quality control purposes. These barrels are a first come first serve Item. I will post soon which barrels & stocks are a one time only deal.
I thank You all for your understanding, and please give Madison a chance to update their software. They are trying very hard to meet all of your needs. Thank You, And  God Bless You.
       At, this time I wish to give a very special Thanks to Emily Allbright,my lovely sidekick in the office that really makes all this possible. And equally to,  Lisa Walters, Madison , N.C. H&R customer service, Lisa is the #1 person for all H&R Madison support.. Please try her first for all your H&R issues. Thank You!!

Brian@Remington:

Call Lisa she will get you answers.
Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 04:38:00 AM »
4 weeks+ poor service........hmmmm
how long does it take for you to get a non-critical doctor's appointment?
I know you are miffed because you were told the barrels were in stock, but so many things in life are 'when you actually get in the line'. I learned long ago that once I decided to send something off, or send for something, it was up to somebody else (really, a bunch of somebodies in the whole process) before I get it back.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline tom hoke

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 06:06:26 AM »
shipped my handi 4-25  back 5-14  quick service  absolutely no corispondence from rem scratch on forarm but could have been p o  overall good service