Author Topic: H&R - Remington receiver inspection  (Read 748 times)

Offline Ireload2

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
H&R - Remington receiver inspection
« on: May 26, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
The H&R Accessory barrel program mentions that an inspection of the receiver must be passed before a new barrel can be fitted.

Does anyone know what this inspection consists of?
Do they find issues that cause the receivers to be rejected? (other than the wrong serial number range)

I have two rifles that I would like to send back for new barrels.
One is a  HS 290XXX    (2002 frame)
One is a HW 325XXX    (2006 frame)

Will they fit a barrel if I send only the frame. I do not need another stock and I do not want to send my wood.
Do they still offer trigger jobs? One of my is terrible.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: H&R - Remington receiver inspection
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
Ilion still does trigger jobs, but they may charge depending on the current pull weight, details in the FAQs.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 01:21:18 AM »
The H&R Accessory barrel program mentions that an inspection of the receiver must be passed before a new barrel can be fitted.

Does anyone know what this inspection consists of?
Do they find issues that cause the receivers to be rejected? (other than the wrong serial number range)

I have two rifles that I would like to send back for new barrels.
One is a  HS 290XXX    (2002 frame)
One is a HW 325XXX    (2006 frame)

Will they fit a barrel if I send only the frame. I do not need another stock and I do not want to send my wood.
Do they still offer trigger jobs? One of my is terrible.

The will not fit barrels to "outsourced" frames. They will not fit to frames that have been modified.

I have read a number of times that they also will not fit to a frame that has not been sent in with stocks. I know Tim has recomended a number of times he sends in receivers only, BUT orders a set of wood at the same time. SO that wood is used.
Guys have recomended to send in the receiver with a "junk" set fo stocks so the "good stuff" avoid nicks and scratches.

Of coarse, Tim has correctly recomended the trigger job with H&R/Remington.

Good luck,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline geartow

• Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:12:48 AM »
While I drop mine off at the factory I only give them the receiver . I have had 2 there this year with no problems.
Blow a Crow, Drop a Yote!!

Offline nova71

• Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:47 PM »
all I sent in was my receiver and  didn't have any problems.
 they didn't do anything to my receiver it had a 3lb pull when I sent it in and still had the 3lb pull when I got it back  :)  I was sorta worried they would set it to factory specs but they left it alone, thank goodness ;D
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 (center of the bible)

Handi-List
 204Ruger, 223Rem, 243Win, 30-30Win,450 Marlin, 44Mag, 357Max, 357Mag, 45-70, 20ga Partner, 20ga shorty.