Author Topic: Obie claims he's not a big spender  (Read 294 times)

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
Obie claims he's not a big spender
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
What!!!!

......He gets more DELUSIONAL by the day... Roll Eyes

......Obama Denounces Republicans For “Bamboozling Folks” Into Thinking He’s a Big-Spender…

Bamboozling folks? Even the left-leaning Politifact labelled him the “undisputed debt king” of the last five presidents.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — At a fundraiser for his re-election campaign in Denver tonight, President Obama set out to upend conventional Republican wisdom that his administration has been defined by excessive government spending.

“I’m running to pay down our debt in a way that’s balanced and responsible. After inheriting a $1 trillion deficit, I signed $2 trillion of spending cuts into law,” he told a crowd of donors at the Hyatt Regency. “My opponent won’t admit it, but it’s starting to appear in places, like real liberal outlets, like the Wall Street Journal: Since I’ve been president, federal spending has risen at the lowest pace in nearly 60 years. Think about that.”

Obama was referring to an analysis released this week by Rex Nutting, a reporter for CBS MarketWatch who is also affiliated with the Wall Street Journal. Nutting concluded that Obama has presided over the slowest growth in federal spending in decades.

“I just point out it always goes up least under Democratic presidents. This other side, I don’t know how they’ve been bamboozling folks into thinking that they are the responsible, fiscally-disciplined party. They run up these wild debts and then when we take over, we’ve got to clean it up.

The Romney campaign noted that more than $5 trillion has been added to the debt during Obama’s first term, though in 2008 Obama called the $4 trillion added under Bush “unpatriotic.”

The Republican National Committee pointed out that while growth of spending and debt may have slowed, Obama has overseen the three largest deficits in U.S. history. (They also pass along fact-checker Politifact’s 2011 designation of Obama as the “undisputed debt king” of the last five presidents
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obie claims he's not a big spender
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
  http://now.msn.com/money/0527-newport-beach-bills-Obama.aspx   Rich beach town bills Obama $35K for campaign visit 12 hrs ago   The overwhelmingly Republican, exceedingly wealthy Southern California beach town of Newport Beach has slapped the Obama campaign with the bill for its February fundraising visit to the Corona del Mar neighborhood. The affluent community's City Manager Dave Kiff is behind the unprecedented billing, arguing that since the visit was campaign-related, not official presidential business, the Obama campaign should pay for the increased security, as would any private event. The bill's due date of June 9 is fast approaching, but there has been as yet no response from the Obama campaign offices in Chicago. ;D
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:18:25 AM »
  http://now.msn.com/money/0527-newport-beach-bills-Obama.aspx   Rich beach town bills Obama $35K for campaign visit 12 hrs ago   The overwhelmingly Republican, exceedingly wealthy Southern California beach town of Newport Beach has slapped the Obama campaign with the bill for its February fundraising visit to the Corona del Mar neighborhood. The affluent community's City Manager Dave Kiff is behind the unprecedented billing, arguing that since the visit was campaign-related, not official presidential business, the Obama campaign should pay for the increased security, as would any private event. The bill's due date of June 9 is fast approaching, but there has been as yet no response from the Obama campaign offices in Chicago. ;D

Bills? He doesn't have to pay any stinking bills. He's better than we are. If you have any doubt just check out some of the bills and projects that he's supported. You need to learn to shut up and pay taxes otherwise the libs will paint you as a racist  ;) ;)
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline cwall

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »
I always thought the Bush spent money like a Democrat until Obama educated me as to how much money can be spent by a pro.
According to my research, Obama’s contribution to the federal debt will surpass Bush’s “unpatriotic” eight-year addition by the end of 2012.  Man, is he good or what?  He can do in four years what took Bush eight.
CWall