Author Topic: Home made stock?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Spokerider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Home made stock?
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:34:54 AM »
Anybody made their own stock for their Encore / Prohunter?
If so, please post up some pics.  ;)  I'm thinking it is a *do-able* project.

Offline sobeit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Home made stock?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
Good evening;  some place in TC pics I have three stocks I made from scratch...two contenders and an Encore....The thumbholes were designed to reduce felt recoil....The 300 mag was brutal before I changed stocks..what are your intensions?

Offline Spokerider

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »
For starters, I'm going to have a gunsmith make me one of these, a "take down knob"  http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=127403&highlight=knob

Going to put it on the Encore composite stock. This will allow me to break the gun into two short pieces for packing in the pack, with fast, fumble-free reassembly in a hurry.
Thinking of making a wood stock for using with the same knob. Looking for a lighter weight stock than the composite encore stock.........not sure I can improve upon the weight issue however. Plus, I've never really *liked* plastic stocks, sure, they are functional, but thats about it.

Offline Spokerider

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 04:27:35 AM »
sobeit,
How did you go about inletting the stock for the receiver? Drill press? Chisels?

Offline GarrettJ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:59:42 AM »
I cheated and bought one that had already been inletted.  That way I just had to finish the exterior.

Offline tmar04

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:09:11 AM »
I like stock set! where did u buy it? I am looking for something like this, to refinish.  tks.  PM if u will.