Author Topic: Our "OIL" President does it again!!!!!!!!  (Read 262 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Our "OIL" President does it again!!!!!!!!
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »
Since President Obama took office, oil imports have dropped by an average of 1.1 million barrels per day.
  • In 2010 domestic crude oil production reached its highest level since 2003.
  • In 2010 natural gas production reached its highest level in more than 30 years.
  • The U.S. has become a net exporter of fuels for the first time since 1949.
  • The Obama administration has proposed a five-year offshore leasing plan that makes more than 75 percent of undiscovered oil and gas resources off our shores available for development, while putting in place common-sense safety requirements to prevent a disaster like the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico from happening again.

And Now!
Some offshore Arctic waters to be leased for energy drilling!!!!!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/26/12422295-some-offshore-arctic-waters-to-be-leased-for-energy-drilling-us-says?lite
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Our "OIL" President does it again!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »
This is an easy one to figure out.Does election coming pretty soon ring a bell!! Of course he'll change his tune now. Sept/Oct., when gas price's go down to $2.25/$2.50, he'll stand on his pulpit a look around and claim how much he's done to help the consumer. What a bunch of hogwash. At least you knew that G.Bush was an oil man. All this guy is looking for is to try and get vote's. IF, he gets re-elected, and I pray not, he'll put the biggest screws to energy company's that any president could think of. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »
Our usage in the US has been going down because lots of us are now driving a small car now, it sure makes a differates
when i fill it up every time in my pocket book **

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »
In the same vein as Raptor, with more and more consumers out of work, there are less and less drivers...because they can no longer afford the gasoline.

It also strikes me that gasoline consumption is probably not directly related to oil importing.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:01:38 AM »
You're forgetting about the BP blowout disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.  He must have slept through Blowout Preventer 1010 at Harvard Law School because the blowout preventer he designed for BP failed. 

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:00:18 AM »
.........and then there's the simple fact that the economic situation, that he's caused to get ever worse, has too many people too poor to afford to buy fuel.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME