Author Topic: Republicans: Obama Deserves No Credit For Gas Price Break...........  (Read 489 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
........... only price increases!  :o :-\ :o

Republican logic (?) defined  8) ;D ;)
http://www.inquisitr.com/264742/republicans-obama-deserves-no-credit-for-gas-price-break/

:-\ :-* :'( :P :-X :-X :-X :-X
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Republicans: Obama Deserves No Credit For Gas Price Break...........
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
More people out of work since the great depression, food,home energy costs,insurance,lower pay,and anybody wonder why gas price's have come down?? Nobody's driving!! Had to run some errands today, roads were empty. Everybody is cutting back. Trying to make sure that banks,shopping,doctor appts. all get done on the same day. Wouldn't surprise me, that in the next several months, refinery's cut back on production. Put $45 in the tank, at $3.25/gal. Didn't have a problem finding a pump open. Give Obama credit for the gas price break. You betcha!! He's got every other industry so screwed up, nobody has any money left to put in their tank!!gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
I'll cut him some slack if prices get back down to where they were when he got elected.

Until then I give him credit for wrecking the economy to the point that no one an afford fuel because they are broke!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »
The only effect government and that includes the president is to drive the price higher as more regulations are added to the producers and refiners. The only thing that lowers prices is less demand for fuel and other products made from oil. If the government regulators, both federal and state agencies, were to remove one or more of the regulations they have placed on the oil producers then the price could drop from that effect. They haven't done that.

Obama and company have done nothing to drop the price of gasoline, diesel, and other oil related products. They have only added to the price. Anyone that gives government any credit for lower fuel prices has their head planted firmly in the sand.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »
GYPSYMAN. Good post Sir, add to that the financial crisis in Europe too. When gas gets dwn to $1.64 like it was when obummer took office I'll give him an attaboy. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 03:47:33 AM »
Seems to me gas was over $4 a gallon during George "oil-tycoon" Bush.  It only dropped after Bush destroyed the economy.

FIRE AWAY!  I hated "W" with a passion and find it funny folks think he walked on water compared to Obama.  Don't get me wrong....Obama sucks too, but to his defense, he was handed a steaming pile of excrement before Bush walked away to retire on his oil revenue.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Stillkickin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 04:21:23 AM »
Don't get too used to the current gasoline prices.  The oil exporters will resume their strangle hold siphoning of the world's currencies right after the November election.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 06:11:36 AM »
I hated Bush also but fair is fair. The Democrats blamed him for the price increases only, not the decreases.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 05:10:37 AM »
Point being, the president does NOT have control over gas prices.
I will admit it is fun to blame them!

Gasbag: Why No President Can Bring Us $2 Gasoline

Read more: http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2012/02/21/gasbag-why-no-president-can-bring-us-2-gasoline/#ixzz1zCTh1jsi
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »
Actually gas prices are quite high for oil being down to about $80/barrel.  Obama has done nothing to reduce gas prices here. Now if he wouldn't have stopped Keystone Pipeline, he would have helped.  Allow a few new refineries to be built, he would have helped. Open up federal areas and offshore for drilling, he would have helped. He has done nothing to improve our energy problems, only made them worse... So no he gets no credit for the small decrease in prices now.  World supply is the reasoning for this blip, but don't fear - the Mideast likes to keep it up around $120/barrel so they will be tightening production soon...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline scootrd

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »
I guess you all miss the good ole days

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 03:08:33 AM »
I guess you all miss the good ole days

You have no idea....  He wasn't perfect, but at least he wasn't driving the US off a cliff...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 03:56:13 AM »
When Obama cuts my taxes as much as Bush did, maybe I'll cut him some slack.  Meanwhile, Obama gets not one iota of credit for the price of gas going down, because not even he is crazy enough to try to claim credit.  Liberal coolaid drinkers will grasp at any straw.

Swingem

Offline scootrd

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 05:31:06 AM »
No administration should get credit for gas going up or down.
Any president (or presidential candidate) who says they can lower the price of gas to 2.00 + dollars is lying.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant