Author Topic: What? ...No New Yorkers ?  (Read 1090 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
What? ...No New Yorkers ?
« on: February 14, 2024, 12:09:01 PM »
  Perhaps this will stir some interest...

We all know there is a major difference, culturally, between NY City and the rest of the state.

So..the rest of the state...just what is "upstate"?   Some claim upstate is along the Hudson, Albany and parts of the Adirondacks

Others believe anything about 50 miles north or west of NYC is upstate..   What say you ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: What? ...No New Yorkers ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 11:34:40 PM »
im in the 50-100 miles from satans pit group
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 02:40:18 AM »
Lloyd; I find it interesting that no New Yorkers have yet taken up the discussion..

In any case, the description is still "up in the air"..  I tend to think "Upstate" is any part of the state north and west of metropolitan NY City.

https://www.timesunion.com/hudsonvalley/travel/article/where-does-upstate-new-york-begin-17459400.php

There are aboutv 9 recognized specific areas., which are recognized by their unique geography.  Not unique in this, since most states have varying geography and population density.  For example..ANYONE should be aware that detroit and environs, bear no relationship to the UP..or to the
   farm contry of Michigan.

NY State is quite varied, including thes unofficial districts..Capital, Mohawk Valley, Soputhern Tier (my area), Adirondack, Finger Lakes, North Country, Central (Leatherstocking), Long Island, Hudson Valley, and of course, that city..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 05:46:43 AM »
is there any other new york people on here?
blue lives matter

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 07:58:05 AM »
...Maybe this is why we keep getting tyrant governors elected..     What? ...."too pooped to participate"?