Author Topic: Iran. We can hit US bases within minutes.  (Read 942 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Iran. We can hit US bases within minutes.
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Au4o52TMawYRCZwA3w1WbxSbvZx4;_ylc=X3oDMTlkb2tjbjBiBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEYQMxMjA3MDUgbmV3cyBhYmMgaXJhbiB1LnMuIGJhc2VzIHQEY2NvZGUDcHpidWZjYWg1BGNwb3MDMQRlZAMxBGcDaWQtMjQwOTA3MgRpbnRsA3VzBGl0YwMwBGx0eHQDSXJhbnJlYWR5dG9zdHJpa2VmYXN0BG1jb2RlA3B6YnVhbGxjYWg1BG1wb3MDMQRwa2d0AzEEcGtndgM2BHBvcwMwBHNlYwN0ZC1mZWEEc2xrA3RodW1ibGluawR0YXIDaHR0cDovL25ld3MueWFob28uY29tL2lyYW4taGl0LTM1LXVzLWJhc2VzLW1pbnV0ZXMtMTUxMTE1NzYwLS1hYmMtbmV3cy10b3BzdG9yaWVzLmh0bWwEdGVzdAM3MDE-/SIG=13akr8b83/EXP=1341660034/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/iran-hit-35-us-bases-minutes-151115760--abc-news-topstories.html

Iran: We Can Hit 35 US Bases in 'Minutes'ABC NewsBy LEE FERRAN | ABC News – 20 hrs agoIran: 'Long-Range' Missiles Attack 'Mock Enemy Bases' (ABC News)     Iran: 'Long-Range' Missiles Attack …    An Iranian military commander said that his country has detailed contingency plans to strike nearly three dozen U.S. military bases in the region should Iran be attacked, local media reported Wednesday.
Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Aerospace Force, told reporters the U.S. has 35 bases around Iran and all are "within the reach of our missiles" and could be hit "in the early minutes after an attack," according to an English-language report from Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency. The bases were no threat but instead an "opportunity" for the Iranian military, Hajizadeh said last month, according to Fars.
Hajizadeh's claims come as the IRGC conducts a major military exercise in which it has fired a barrage of missiles at "mock enemy bases" set up in the Iranian desert. Another IRGC commander, Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami, told reporters Tuesday the main aim of the drill "was to demonstrate the Iranian nation's political resolve to defend [its] vital values and national interests," according to Iran's state-run Press TV.
Press TV paraphrased Salami's description of the drills as a "firm response to those who threaten Iran with the option of military action."
The United States and Israel have for years been locked in a struggle with Iran over its nuclear enrichment program and the leaders of both the Israeli and American governments have said that any option -- including military action -- was "on the table" should it become clear Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. Iranian officials have denied the nation seeks nuclear weapons and said Iran is only enriching uranium for domestic nuclear power purposes.
Press TV said that several different missile types were tested, including the Shabab-3, which reportedly has an operational range of over 900 miles, meaning it could reach potential targets throughout the Middle East. The U.S. and its allies have several military bases in the region, including the home of the Navy's 5th Fleet in Bahrain, a little over 120 miles from Iran's southern border. Israel's eastern border is about 600 miles from Iran's mainland.
Another base used by the U.S., the United Arab Emirates' Al Dafra air base, lies less than 200 miles from Iran's southern coast. In April, multiple American next-generation F-22 stealth fighters were sent to Al Dafra but an Air Force spokesperson stressed at the time that the jets should not be seen as a threat to Iran. However, a top official for the jets' manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, told ABC News in April 2011 that the planes -- which have never been used in combat -- could find a home in quick strike missions in countries like Iran or North Korea.
Iran's new drills also coincided with fresh tensions that followed a new round of harsh sanctions against Iran that targeted the country's oil exports to Europe. Dozens of Iranian lawmakers have reportedly called on the Iranian military to shut down the Strait of Hormuz -- a narrow, strategic waterway that connects the Persian Gulf to the Arabian Sea through which an estimated one-fifth of the world's oil travels. As an apparent precaution against such action, the U.S. has quietly been building up its military forces in the Persian Gulf.
The Department of Defense declined to comment on Hajizadeh's claims.
ABC News' Martha Raddatz and Luis Martinez contributed to this report.Also Read
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Empty Quiver

Re: Iran. We can hit US bases within minutes.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:39:50 AM »
Funny they didn't mention their ability to be obliterated within minutes of launching said missiles.

Iran is not getting the respect they think they deserve. They want to be treated as civilized people, might help their cause to act in a civilized way.

Why would you continue to poke a nation so out of control, so bent on world domination, the great satan? Attention whores that is why. Perhaps they know good and well that the U.S. is nowhere near as great a satan as they scream. They know that until they start something there won't be nothing, because that is how we roll. ;D
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:47:49 AM »
Even if they do have the ability, I would expect some "computer glitches" they didn't expect.   ;)

Funny how those silly gremlins pop up when America feels threatened.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:43:57 AM »
Iran   is  more  likely   to   smuggle  a   suitcase   nuke   accrose   the   border  ,  than   launch   a   ballistic   missile.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
A Bull Dog could bite a Grizzly Bear in the butt.Wouldn't be a wise choice for the dog however, so they just bark!
I noticed the general said....(If we were attacked).Any country would be within their rights to launch what ever they had in their arsenal in self defense.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
Iran needs to do a Google search for "Minuteman III" and "Trident D5".

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »
Iran needs to do a Google search for "Minuteman III" and "Trident D5".
Oh, I expect Iranian officers (and some ten year-olds) know what those are.

Going to war with Iran would be a bad idea. I know, I know... it appeals to some. It appeals to Tom Clancy fans who fantasize about a President Ryan, it appeals to those who'd just like to see a bunch of dead A-rabs (never mind they're not in Iran) and to those who'd like to see a TV war. The reality wouldn't be near as pleasant. And the Iranian people would suffer greatly... I don't think killing a few hundred (thousand? millions?) is something we should do. I'm not convinced going to war with them because of their nuke program is a good idea, either. We didn't go to war with Russia over their (because they could kick our ---) or with China or Brits or France or Pakistan or India or even the Zionists. The North Koreans have nukes with ability to deliver is grim... I don't worry about the Iranians all that much.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
  YT;
  In such a case it wouldn't be the U.S. going to war with Iran..but the reverse, Iran provoking the U.S...
  In any case "dinnerjacket" forgot a small detail..If our bases are trageted by Iranian missles, surely their cities are targeted by ours..

See joke below;

The following conversation was overheard on the Guard (Emergency) frequency on a flight from Europe to Dubai:

Iranian Air Control:Unidentified Aircraft, You are flying over Iranian Airspace,Identify yourself and state your flight plan.

Aircraft:I am flying over Iraqi Airspace, not Iran.

Air Control: You are flying over Iranian Airspace.! Vacate Iranian Airspace immediately, or I will launch Intercepter Aircraft.!

Aircraft: This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter, Send 'em up, I'll wait for them. !!!!

Air Control: ( Dead Silence.....)

Hmmm....... "I guess they changed their minds"...

FA-18_Hornet_VFA-41.jpg   ***************************************************************************************     

BTW..... if Iran is so uncomfortable..they shouldn't have put their country so close to our bases..see below:  ;)   ;D   ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »
I don't think Iran wants a war with the US, Ironglow - do you?

How might they 'provoke' a war with us? What do you see as the likely scenario?

That they don't kowtow to our demands that the give up their nuclear program doesn't count as provocation - we'd never put up with some country threatening us with war over that.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »
I don't think Iran wants a war with the US, Ironglow - do you?

How might they 'provoke' a war with us? What do you see as the likely scenario?

That they don't kowtow to our demands that the give up their nuclear program doesn't count as provocation - we'd never put up with some country threatening us with war over that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With any normal nation, I wouldn't be too concerned.  But Ahmadinajad is very wrapped up in the "introduction" of his "12th Madhi".  The 12th Madhi cannot disclose himself until the whole world is involved in war and destruction, I cannot help but consider the possibility that Ahmadinajad is feverishly working toward a nuclear weapon so he can do just that.  For most national leaders, logic would tell them that to spring the "nuclear option" could well destroy much of their own country...but I'm not too sure we are dealing with logical thinking here..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
my take on iran with nukes is go for it ,but you best keep them home and threathing to use them will get you no were. if you do use one then you will be sitting on a pile of glass. end of speech

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 03:45:13 PM »
my take on iran with nukes is go for it ,but you best keep them home and threathing to use them will get you no were. if you do use one then you will be sitting on a pile of glass. end of speech
What if they used one on one of our carriers that had just launched an airstrike against them... Because they do not have enough navy to fight us on even terms? They'd like nukes, so as to make IT VERY EXPENSIVE FOR THE US or anyone else to threaten them.

Seems reasonable to me
?

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »
what i was trying to say . is they would,NT do it but one time. then the world would relies we can do with out them

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »
  I don't believe the bulk of the Iranian people want war. I believe those who remember, would prefer an Iran more like the old Iran..before the ayatollahs.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 12:16:14 AM »
  I don't believe the bulk of the Iranian people want war.
I believe those who remember, would prefer an Iran more like the old Iran..before the ayatollahs.
well, sans shah, perhaps. People forget that the 1979 revolution was a popular revolt.

And to what you said... Our going to war with Iran will not help the Iranian people move to a more liberal (can I get an 'amen'?) government. I do not think it will.