Author Topic: CVA Customer Service  (Read 33154 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Marlin_444

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
  • Stand in the corner and SCREAM WITH ME!!!
Re: CVA Customer Service
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »
I had a great experience with CVA's Customer Service thos week.

Had the top half with the Fiber in the sight fall out on a CVA Optima.

Sent an e-mail to Customer Service and by the end of the day I received an e-mail.

It stated simply, shipping to you within 7-10 days...  FREE, no questions asked!

Now that's Customer Service!!!

Ron

SCREAM A LITTLE and I'll see you at the lake, around the beach, on the mountain & in the woods on this side or the other... Ron

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »
as above; excellent customer svc from CVA. I lost rear sight for Buckhorn, and primer pocket was a tad loose... they sent both, quickly and free.

I'm sold on CVA. That the rifle is accurate and light and has a great trigger, had me sold BEFORE dealing with their customer service. The fact that some know-it-alls will tell you that CVA are dangerous/substandard, makes owning one and killing deer with it all the more gratifying.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Q

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
  • Make every shot count, because bullets cost $ ;-)
    • QsARTWRX.com
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:03 AM »
Love the CVA Optima Elite for many reasons but hate that the cal I like in a barrel are always back ordered. 45-70 must be made of gold.

Q
Q

Offline CScape

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
While we're musing about new barrel configurations, how about suggesting to BPI that they fix the gap on the leading edge of the Durasight Rail on the standard taper barrels?  I just mounted a very expensive Leupold scope to the 300 Win Mag barrel using Leupold PRW mounts, and the front mount is hung out in space, using the forward cross slot on the rail, and of course the two front mounting holes for the Rail are not used because the rail is not resting on the barrel.  A) it doesn't look good...detracting from the overall appearance of the firearm, and B) I am concerned about vibration in the aluminum alloy rail eventually affecting the scope's zero. 

BPI, if you do decide to create a custom, tapered rail to fit your Bergara barrels, we who have purchased a barrel full of barrels, would also appreciate a swap-out offer...    ...CC...
NRA Endowment Member; MS Gunowners Assn Life Member; Shoot only what you can't miss.

Offline teddybaham

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »
throw that rail away and get a dura sight one peice base it will save you some ammo!!
what part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand???

Offline rosewood

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: CVA Customer Service +1
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 01:54:18 AM »
I have to give a big Kudos to CVA's customer service.  I recently bought a used CVA Stalker in .223, it looked brand new.  I don't think the previous owner put more than 10 rnds through it.  Anyway.  It would drive tacks, was getting 1/2" groups at 100 yards with handloads.  About 1 in 20 rounds would split about 1/8 to 1/4" from the base on the cases.  I noticed all of the cases coming out of this barrel were getting a bulge "pregnant look" at the same spot.  Called CVA, they said to send it in.  In about 4 weeks, I got the gun back with a brand new barrel.  I will have to go out and shoot it in the next day or two and see if it shoots as good as the original barrel.  It did cost me about $14 to ship it to them, but other than that, not bad for a warranty replacement.

Thanks CVA!!

Rosewood

Offline vabeachman

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »
I just bought a CVA Apex 45-70.  Wanted to add rimfire barrel, but that has not been made in years according to CVA, so why do they have advertisement on rifle box and on you tube listing rimfires?  Ordered a 12 gauge rifled slug barrel, they took my money and then next day informed me they are not available and will probably never be available.  Just have to wonder what barrels they actually make. Really dislike being led on by their advertising and then they are unable to back up their claims.  I hope to get rid of rifle and buy a T/C encore.
When a boot is on your throat does it matter if is the right boot or left boot?

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
barrels that did not sell, get cut.

Check into the issues with the encores before going off half cock.

Offline vabeachman

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
got an email from CVA.  they will soon be providing 22 lr and 12g slug barrels for apex.  I am on the waiting list for both.
When a boot is on your throat does it matter if is the right boot or left boot?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
The beauty here has to be the interchangeable barrel..  An active dealer could stock some of the more popular chamberings that way.
  Just imagineyou bought a .223 in the  spring for varmints & predators.. then fall rolls around and a .308 or 30/06 barrel would be tempting...or the .308 in the fall..then comes spring..

I have the .44 mag Scout and like it very much, but next time I go for a "switch barrel" model.
  A couple nice additional barrels would be .243 Win..multi purpose, from varmints thru predators to deer/black bear..
   A classic, light barrel 30/30 would be a big seller (IMO)... and a handy wood walking carbine..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)