Author Topic: Dave you still in Valdez? How are things?  (Read 702 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Dave you still in Valdez? How are things?
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:50:17 AM »
With those monster avalanches and dammed up river I'm wondering how the people of Valdez are doing? The news photos are pretty spectacular.

Hope all is well.

So warm around Bristol Bay we are wondering when the first brown bear will show up.  Many days above 32 to high 40's.  Over in Lake Clark it was 61 one day!!!

Most folks can't get out for the winter moose hunt and the season was just extended for some areas.

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Re: Dave you still in Valdez? How are things?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
I was wondering that also.  Per Dave's profile he hasn't been on here in over two years.  Of course that could be because of the server crash but I don't remember seeing his posts in a coon's age!  Hope all is well and he just lost interest in GBO.  Does anyone have his snail mail or email address to find out what's going on?

~Kees~
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:58:23 PM »
Hmm - come to think of it Dave hasn't been too active here has he?   I see by the newspapers the river is back in its banks and DOT is removing the main avalanche but I thought it would be cool to hear from folks closer to the issue. I'm guessing all will be back to normal pretty soon.  Pretty spectacular weather and avalanche event. 

Crazy. Here in Bristol Bay we are still above freezing much of the day tho  its supposed to be cooler tonight.  Now lots of fog and my son n wife have been stuck in Los Anchorage since Friday afternoon.

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »
I have seen him posting on another web site a couple of months ago.  Can't remember which web site it was.  Figured he just got tired of this one.  Seems like it was Alaska Outdoors.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.