Author Topic: Rush- "Dark Knight's Bane is a secret attack on Romney"  (Read 418 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Rush- "Dark Knight's Bane is a secret attack on Romney"
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Dark Knight Rises: Bane character 'part of plot against Mitt Romney'

"So this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's discussion out there as to whether or not this was purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters," said Limbaugh. "A lot of people are going to see the movie. And it's a lot of brain-dead people – entertainment, the pop culture crowd – and they're going to hear Bane in the movie and they're going to associate Bain.
"And the thought is that when they're going to start paying attention to the campaign later in the year and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capital but Romney and Bain, that these people will start thinking back to the Batman movies: 'Oh yeah, I know who that is!'"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jul/18/dark-knight-rises-bane-mitt-romney

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/wpnh8ih-8Xw[/embed]
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Cuts Crooked

Re: Rush- "Dark Knight's Bane is a secret attack on Romney"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
OMG!!! Is Limpbah STILL bloviating on the airways?!?!?!?!

Rush is the one "conservative" out there I have absolutely no use for.  (Actually he's a neocon)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »
The truth is the Bane character was curated for a Batman comic book in 1990'...  its funny though.

Offline quasne.inc

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:12 AM »
That is one heck of a stretch Rush. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »
  I haven't heard the actual words of Rush..but it has been years since I have taken any liberals at face value..be it the Guardian or Crusty..
  Could be Rush was making a jest, a tongue-in-cheek remark; but liberals, always willing to twist the truth may have done so here. Such a tactic has been used by liberals , often against other than Rush.
  Certainly liberals like Obama & Pelosi wouldn't twist facts...would they ?
       Have to wait & see; no need to 'Rush' to judgement. ;) .
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)