Author Topic: Another "Bucket" Handi  (Read 796 times)

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Another "Bucket" Handi
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:38:34 AM »
Well, I can scratch another Handi off my Bucket List. I walked into, literally, a .22 Hornet yesterday. I went to my local candy shop, the one that NEVER carries Handi's. I know the owner, and was following him around while he was moving shelving unit out of the back. Leaning in the corner was a nice looking pallet wood stocked Handi with a small bore. He didn't even know what the caliber was, so I picked it up, saw everything I needed to know stamped on the barrel, did a quick once over, and said, "I'll take it."
It is a 1993 SB2, has the Weaver #82 scope rail, a nice low profile metal rear sight, but is missing the front sight. To say I am tickled is an understatement! It will join my BC and the Maxi Trapper  on my "Always wanted, never getting rid of" list. Now, if I can just get a .30-30 and a TC, that list will be complete.
Can any of my fellow Handi-holics tell me where to get a replacement front sight? The muzzle is 0.66" in diameter, and has a VERY TINY hole drilled and tapped for the front sight.
Thanks,
Les
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Another "Bucket" Handi
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 04:27:52 AM »
Congrats! Ask for Lisa at H&R CS, (866)776-9292, the front sight on my Hornet is ~.500" tall,  the 3-48 3-56 front sight mounting hole seems to be the standard size for most modern Handis, I've one 45-70 that's 6-48 and the 500S&W is also 6-48, the rest are all 3-48 3-56 .

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
OSOK

Drop me a PM with your info , I've got a set that I took of my hornet barrel that became the 224 GNR , their yours if you want them .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
Thanks Stimpy, PM sent.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud