Author Topic: Thinking about a Colt  (Read 627 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Thinking about a Colt
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
LE6920....I may buy one next week.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Thinking about a Colt
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »
great gun. Some say overpriced but they are put together with a bit better parts then most. there only real competion when it comes to quality are guns costing substantialy more. Will it outshoot a 700 dollar dpms? probably not. Does the average buyer of an ar really need the upgrades that a colt brings to the table? probably not. But i s... ever did hit the fan and i could only grab one ar it would no doubt be my colt.
blue lives matter

Offline marine

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:55:03 AM »
  i have a colt 6920 le carbine.  it has been a fantastic rifle.  i have left mine in stock form since it just simply works every time.  i really trust this rifle.  at one time i put over a 1000 rnds through it and never cleaned it and it never once had a single malfunction.  not advising this but it did work.  the colts really arent much more expensive than any other ar out there.  they run about 1200 around here and colts customer service is excellent.  i own a colt 1911 as well and it has been flawless as well the know how to make a firearm that will last.  they also hold resale value quite well too if for whatever reason you want to send it down the line.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »
I got into building myself and son an AR and there is quite a bit of difference in parts . I have listened to so much good advice and so much BS I should be able to build one in my sleep. Just because a part is mil spc dosen't mean its equal to military spc parts , in many cases it just fits . BBLs are often mil spec but the metal used in military bbls is often stronger than over trhe counter ones reason given for the difference militaty use demands it.
Now Colt being a main supplier to the military most likely uses real military spec parts like forged upper and lower recivers etc. So over priced by what standard ?
it might be a real deal all things considered ...........
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rjr9603

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »
Go for it. My LE6920 showed up today. I cant wait to get to the range with it. It seems that the fit and finish is better than my 2 S&W MP15s plus it is a 5.56 and 1 in 7 twist.

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
There are many many different AR's in the Market. IMHO Colt is great, but yes pricey. Daniels Defense, DDM4 great yes very pricey. Wilson Combat and Bear semi customs are amazing and farther out of sight, even more pricey. I always favored my Bushmaster and RRA LAR-15. The RRA has that sweet two stage trigger and is built like a battle rifle, it will shoot lights out at 100 yards. Stag & S&W are good mid range and can also get pricey.

It depends what YOU like. By the way Colt just came out with a new LE6940P Piston Driven Powerhouse built to be the next generation M4. This incorporates  Colts new Articulating Link Piston (ALP) operating system. Without getting complicated it deflects thermal gases, and ease of cleaning.

A really cool, if you have the bucks is the Colt LE6920MP,  It comes with about $220 worth of Magpul accessories, everything you THINK you ever wanted, for about $1228.00

Remember you can trick out your AR15 with everything under the sun. I am still partial to the RRA LAR-15, and Bushmasters, and they cost less. Just MHO..

Regards PAH04
The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com

Offline rjr9603

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
PA funny you mention the LE6920MP. Thats is what I just picked up, mine is in OD green. Ran $1181 plus my $10 transfer.

Offline PAHUnter04

• The Hunters Hut
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • The Hunters Hut
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »
Hi RJ:

Sweet...... and a good price. Hey they are great rifles. There is NOTHING to not like about the Colt .... except price.  :P

My personal Ar's are the RRA Lar-15 and a Bushmaster HB that shoots in the low 400's five shot groups at 100 yards. It is SCARY accurate. Rguns are neat, Sionics Custom built sniper and the new Windham AR's are supposed to be made by all the employees that left Bushmaster.  ::)

Then you can get in the argument about Gas Piston, No Piston and so on. Enjoy that fine Colt and shoot em up.  :)

Regards PAH04
The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Accesories
PAHunter04... The Head Hunter... Jim P
email: headhunter-1@hotmail.com

Offline Omaha-BeenGlockin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »
Mine's been a great rifle too---if I had the money, I'd buy a second one.