Author Topic: Angry widow says, my husband DID build that.  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Needles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
Re: Angry widow says, my husband DID build that.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »
Kinda funny that the parasite class is so stupid that they cannot understand that the "infrastructure" was paid for by taxes paid by people and businesses. It is akin to lice thinking that the host creature didn't produce the blood they feed off of. Face it liberals you are sponges and parasites you have no more value to the world than the fertilizer value of your decomposing bodies. Face it you are living off the roads and bridges that were mostly paid for by the rich.

Obfuscational misdirection and insults.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
Obfuscational misdirection and insults.

Well, I think what you're seein' is a case of, use what ya got...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 02:57:54 AM »
I guess the parasite class does not like thier true value to the world called out. Some people make the world a better place and some sponge off that group.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

Obama did THIS.
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 05:13:59 AM »
[/t][/c][/t]  Food Stamps     

[/c]
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
 ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 09:13:17 AM »
I passed the California Bar Exam to become a lawyer the first time I took it.

At that time, 50% of the law school graduates passed and 50% failed.

Something occurred to me after all these years:  The 50%  who failed the  Bar Exam had  equal access to the same roads and bridges I did.  Many went to far better law schools than mine.

Question:  Why did they fail the exam if individual ability and effort are irrelevant???

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 10:43:54 AM »

Something occurred to me after all these years:  The 50%  who failed the  Bar Exam had  equal access to the same roads and bridges I did.  Many went to far better law schools than mine.

Question:  Why did they fail the exam if individual ability and effort are irrelevant???

Are you trying to deal deal with Libs through logic? Good luck! ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »

A better question would be how would your clients get to you to do business with you if there were no roads? You didn't build them. Your question is a non sequitur, not logical at all. But, you know that, being a lawyer and all.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »
Needles, are you self employed?? gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 12:38:19 AM »
I have two jobs. In one of them I am self employed.
Jim

Offline magooch

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 03:33:05 AM »
Self employed--that means you own the bidness.  You didn't do that.
Swingem

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 04:15:34 AM »
Actually, I DID do that. But NO, I did not build the road to my business, which is what the Pres. said.  ;D ;D ;D
Jim

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
Needles, his comment didn't insult you at all? I've been self-employed my entire life, starting out in the carryout business with my parents, mopping flours,putting pop and beer bottles away, and waiting on customers. I've been in the firearm business for the last 26+ years. Have I had help, you betcha. Family, friends, associates. Never, but never, anybody from the govt. ever help me out. Except from my money. As far as the roads and bridges we travel on, I do believe they have been covered by our tax dollars. Not out of the goodness of their hearts. Obama's statement about putting the coal industry out, stateing electric bills will rise. Clamping down on the oil industry. This guys so anti business it hurts. You've got tougher skin than I do, for him to say that and it not bother you. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
I'm good. I know how much time and work I've put into my business, so I really do not care what someone else thinks.  :) I did mine without any loans, grants or money other than my own. Unlike regressive conservatives, I remember that this version of democracy uses a primarily capitalistic economy, meaning paying my taxes is the highest form of patriotism. I WAS a conservative until they all lost their minds. This is a society, a country, a democracy, NOT every man for himself, and NOT existing just to be bled for big corporations. I'm conservative on issues we need to hold on to and liberal on things we need to change. If regressive conservatives call me a liberal because I do not accept their entire with-us-or-against-us agenda, that's THEIR problem, not mine. I support the Constitution--- what it actually says, not what someone else WANTS it to say. I believe in REGULATED capitalism--- unregulated is insanity.  I support the 2nd Amendment--- NRA lifer, though I do not support everything they do, either. I'm not a member of either party, because they BOTH have planks in their platform I simply can't abide. Right now I tend to lean more towards the center, which the right sees as the left, because they are so far right that ANYTHING else is left of them! And some of the garbage the regressives spout actually makes me embarrassed that they think they are human beings. Rick Perry, Sarah Pailn, Michelle Bachman, Mitt Romney? If those are your spokespeople, you need to re-examine your problem solving paradigm.  Being insulted by what people like that think is right up there with caring what the cat thinks when I'm 30 minutes late with the catfood.  ;D ;D ;D
Jim

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Actually, I DID do that. But NO, I did not build the road to my business, which is what the Pres. said.  ;D ;D ;D

The government didnt build the road to your business either.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 08:37:40 AM »
I've been in the gas utility business for 37 years.  It has been my experience that business was there first.  Then as business grew due to population increase or good work or service, the city or state has to widen the road due to increased traffic OR build a by-pass road to redirect traffic.  Either way, business grew first before the need for the wider road or by-pass road. 

Only deviation from this is the interstate highway system which was originally built to transfer troops and supplies around the country IF the railroads were knocked out or damaged.  Eisenhower saw this need from Germany's Autobaun.  That being said, yes business like hotels, service stations and restaurants built up around these exists. 

Railroads were privately built and owned in the 1800's, even with the governments help in paying for the transcontinental railroad to keep California in the union.  Pioneers and wagon trains went west to settle FIRST. 

Offline lgm270

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 08:42:46 AM »
A great post Dixie Dude. Spot on!

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
Where do y'all live that you're putting these businesses in the middle of the woods and some capitalist comes along and spends the million-dollars-per-hundred-yards to put a road to your place? Sounds like a great deal! But, tell me, what's in it for them? What profit, exactly, do these invisible benevolent capitalists make by constructing a road to YOUR tax-dodging businesses? Here I was thinking that roads were built with tax money because everyone got to use them, and because those of us who live in the country would never have roads unless they used tax money to fund them. I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that you all are building your own roads. Help me out a bit here. I'm a simple hillbilly; my primative mind often has difficulty grasping the subtle nuances of your advanced society.  ;D ;D ;D
Jim

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:48 AM »
Where do y'all live that you're putting these businesses in the middle of the woods and some capitalist comes along and spends the million-dollars-per-hundred-yards to put a road to your place? Sounds like a great deal! But, tell me, what's in it for them? What profit, exactly, do these invisible benevolent capitalists make by constructing a road to YOUR tax-dodging businesses? Here I was thinking that roads were built with tax money because everyone got to use them, and because those of us who live in the country would never have roads unless they used tax money to fund them. I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that you all are building your own roads. Help me out a bit here. I'm a simple hillbilly; my primative mind often has difficulty grasping the subtle nuances of your advanced society.  ;D ;D ;D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" Help me out a bit here. I'm a simple hillbilly; my primative mind often has difficulty grasping the subtle nuances of your advanced society.  ;D ;D ;D
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Well, you said it..but I'll try to help you out;
A) Those roads, utilities etc are greatly done by private enterprise..that installed by the government are paid for by taxes , the overwhelming perponderance of which, is paid by business and entrepreneurs.

B) Remember, this discussion came about, not because businesses were not paying taxes..but because a fellow who has never run a business, thought they were not paying enough taxes .  It has been determined that half the adults in this country pay no taxes.  If he were to be consistant, then these people who pay no taxes, ought to be banned from usage of the highways, utilities etc.

C) Capitalists are not expected to be either invisible or benevolent.....  If you expect that , then it is clear..you know nothing about capitalism..try 'economics 101'..

D) That being said, most capitalists, compared to Obama & Biden are very benevolent.  It is an established fact that conservatives consistantly give more to charity than do liberals.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Romney gave 15% to charity vs Obama's 1%. Discuss 1/24/2012 10:47AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Each candidate paid the amount of taxes that was owed. So, this is all a wash. Now lets look at charity. Lets look and see what each candidate gave to charity. Something that is not obligated and mandatory. Mitt Romney gave 15% of his income to charity versus Obama who gave just 1%. And VP Biden gave $369 to charity. Big whoop!
This is so telling because it either demonstrates that Romney is more charitable than Obama. Or it explains the entitlement mentality of obama. That government will dish out the charity. Im not going to give charity. Im gonna redistribute the wealth.
I wont vote for the later. I will vote for the former.

Read more: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4417945#ixzz22DIG1bTl

NEEDLES..  I am not a wealthy man by any account, but my % given to charity greatly exceeds what Obam & Biden gave..even if you add them together..   
E) I have a neighbor/friend who is a millionare many times over (probably 110 or 120 times over).  His primary businesses are in trucking, gravel, ready-mix concrete cos and paving companies..among many other things including ski resorts. He started out in the early 1950s hauling milk in cans from the farm to processing plant.  When I asked, he couldn't recall Obama or any other liberal, govt politician helping him lift and stack those 100# cans 2 & 3 high in his truck..they have never showed up to drive a truck, finish concrete or lay pavement...    Yet Obama says "lots of us helped you build your business.. ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 07:14:03 AM »
 IG, Did you deduct your charitable contributions? Because, if you did, you didn't give all of that to charity, you just forced the government to pay for all or part of it. Did you give any of it to your own church? Isn't that like giving it to yourself? IMO, contributions to organized religions and claiming that deduction is a violation of the Constitution. Back at ya!  :)
Jim