Author Topic: Tasco World Class 3-9X40 ?  (Read 965 times)

Offline hylander

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Tasco World Class 3-9X40 ?
« on: November 25, 2003, 03:03:35 PM »
:? I would like to get some opinion's on this scope.
I would be puting it on a 98 Mauser project that I want to keep low budget.
all I know is that it is a one piece tube and multi-layered.
I know that the Trophy is a good scope but the power ring is to large and will interfer with the bolt.
Failure is not an option
Placer County, Calif.

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 05:11:43 PM »
My Uncle has one on a 30-06 and has killed a lot of deer with it over the years, it should hold up.

Offline SeanD

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 11:40:15 PM »
Tasco world class 3-9x40. Dad bought one for my sisters .308 and we were both very impressed with the optics. In my eyes slightly better than the 3-9x40 varix2 leupold we each had on our 300 win mags at the time. So we bought four more. Dad still has one on a 7mm-08, and i have one on a 10/22. In less than two years three out of the five scopes were trashed due to recoil. A .308, 7 rem mag, and a 30.06 did them in. This was about four years ago, and the two others are fine to this day. I think dad is gonna switch to leupold on the 7-08, and ill just keep shooting the .22 until it breaks. Who knows maybe it will last forever. I dont have any confidence in them, id never risk one on a big game rifle again. Im sticking with leupold now, durability and confidence in your gear ranks pretty high on my list.
sean

Offline SBF

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.members.cox.net/cruffler
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 05:03:27 AM »
I had a Tasco World Class 8-32x44 (IIRC) that was one of the "Made in Japan" models.  This scope was outstanding!  I had it on my Marlin 883 SS .22 Magnum and it was a great combination until....I let my buddy shoot it.  He enjoyed it, shot well with it and leaned up against something unsecure and it fell over...right on the scope  :eek:   The adjustable objective ring broke loose and it never worked right after that.  I went to a local shop later to replace it with an identical model but the models had changed.  The look of the scopes were different, they were now made in Tiawan or some other SE Asian country and the quality was not the same as my old Tasco World Class.
I decided on a Simmons M1048 6.5-20x44 44Mag Series scope with target turrets and adjustable objective.  I have 2 of these scopes on other rifles and have been quite pleased with them.

My .02
SmallBoreFreak and Cruffler

Offline kc5rkg

Tasco
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 11:50:11 AM »
I would reccommend the Bushnell Trophy over the Tasco.   I think they are a much better scope than the Tasco and are about the same price.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 08:08:26 PM »
The Trophy is a quality scope for the money.  I first purchased a 1.75-4x32 Trophy for my 12GA H&R Ultra Slugger and I liked it so much that I picked one up for my 870 with the Hastings fully rifled cantilever scope mount barrel.  Both have stood up to much abuse and held zero year after year.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense