Author Topic: 'Newbie"....can anyone walk me through receiver disassembly of an M48 Topper?  (Read 586 times)

Offline jc98ss

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi, i am trying to replace the firing pin in an M48 Topper, i wasn't sure how to disassemble it and didn't want to just start drifiting out pins then not know how to put it back together......can someone help me please?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Welcome!! See Perklo's trigger hone download link in the FAQs and Help sticky, it will get you close, with the exception of the transfer bar and hammer spring, it's pretty much the same.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
 As you may know by now, If you only need to replace the firing pin you can do that without any disassembly of the frame parts.  On the top of the frame just in front of the hammer is a retaining screw, by removing it the firing pin and retracting spring will slide out.
                                        Jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Jed's right, I was thinking the M48 was the more modern type frame, but it's the early type with tang, sorry for the confusion.   :-[

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain