Author Topic: Shorten Forum Name to "H&R and NEF Discussion"  (Read 683 times)

Offline Slug-Gunner

• Trade Count: (0)
Shorten Forum Name to "H&R and NEF Discussion"
« on: February 05, 2004, 09:33:57 PM »
I'm not trying to "rock our new boat", but I'd like to see the forum title shorted to only H&R and NEF Discussion. This would welcome those members of the old H&R/NEF Talk forum who had interest in the shotguns that were very popular over there and created a lot of discussion in their own right. I, for one, learned that it was more practical to buy me a H&R Ultra Varmint Rifle and then purchase the extra Ultra Slug Gun rifled shotgun barrel for it since you couldn't put a rifle barrel on the SB1 or SB2 shotgun receivers. My interest in the H&R Ultra Slug Gun is what brought me to that forum in the first place. As I read more about it on both the shotgun and rifle sections, my interest in both uses was "peaked".
I will probably add to my H&R rifle barrel selection in the future, but it was my interest in the shotguns that got me started over there.

:eek:  :D  :D  :wink:
HUNT SAFELY - THINK AT ALL TIMES!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Shorten Forum Name to "H&R and NEF
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 06:37:16 AM »
Nada Problemo. Done. Just not that familiar with the guns you guys are talking about so didn't realize ya talked both.

I do however have one old H&R in .30-30 with a full mannlicher type stock. It belonged to my best friend (now deceased) and so will be with me always.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 02:26:58 PM »
:grin:  Hey Graybeard thanks for all you and Mrs. G have done for us refugees. Since You have been so kind to us all and I feel I owe you so much I must warn you, DO NOT SHOOT THAT 30-30 WITH THE MANNLICHER STOCK!!! You stated you were not that familiar with the guns we were talking about, So you probably did not know that they included rifles and shotgun barrels on the same frame, inexpensive and extremely accurate rimfires from .22 to .22 Mag to .17 HMR and the fact that these Handirifles are light, inexpensive and easy to carry. In the hands of a rifleman they are extremely accurate, under 1.0 MOA.  So I repeat, DO NOT FIRE THAT 30-30!!  If you do you may find yourself in the same position as we sad but happy refugees, addicted to the ease and simplicity of these fine, simple, inexpensive, accurate rifles. (P.S. if you do welcome aboard, glad to have you!!)....<><.... :lol:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 07:01:42 PM »
Oh I've fired it. Got it all sighted in and ready. Will give it a try next season. Thought I would this time but ended up spending only three days in the woods this deer season. Too much time helping Matt at the Computer Store. Just didn't have time to go more.

I'm really more paritial to my Browning 1885s but that one H&R has big time sentimental value to it.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!