Author Topic: What's the difference between Midsouth's Varmint Nightmare & Nightmare Xtreme?  (Read 575 times)

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Does anybody know the difference between Midsouth's Varmint Nightmare and Nightmare Xtreme?  It seems the standard nightmare has a cannelure, higher BC, and is $4 less.

I will be using these in a 1:9 twist .223 and 1:12 twist .22-250 on paper, steel, and prairie dogs.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
It have only used MidSouth's Nightmare Extreme in 34 and 50 grain varieties. BTW - I have had very good accuracy with both in 1 - 14" twist barrels shooting them in 22 Hornet, 22K Hornet and 223 rifles. I am guessing the difference is the jacket thickness uniformity. Remember, I said guessing. Why would a bullet that has an extra step (cannilure) in it cost less? I sure would like to know who makes them for MidSouth ???

Good Luck and Good Shooting
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
I also thought the difference was jacket thickness (still a guess), simliar to Hornaday SP and SPSX.
I have used the 55 VNE's in a 1:14 22-250 with H380 with pretty good results (albeit not THE best results for my gun).
Only on paper though.

The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.