Author Topic: Good to se everyone again  (Read 860 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Good to se everyone again
« on: February 06, 2004, 03:06:40 PM »
:D ---- So good to see all the familiar names. Thought the forum and the wealth of info and commeradery was gone forever. Tho I was fairly new to the other board I was attached to the "club" already and it hurt me to see it go like it did. NO WARNING! I feel like I know some of ya personally now and am glad to be back as a part of the group and hope ya'll don't mind my inexperience and inquisitiveness, but my daddy always told me "if ya don't know somethin' the best way to find out is to ask". Good to be back. I hear also that at acccuratereloaders.com and at shotgunworld.com there are others from the "club" too. How about goin and gettin 'em?   :-)
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Duce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 03:13:03 PM »
Lik2Hunt: Good to hear from you, feel free to spread the word. <>< :grin: Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!

Offline lik2hunt

• Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »
Thanks Duce. I already told Ditchdigger and some others they'll be here soon I hope. Hard to keep such a good bunch silent. Pretty sorry what happened at the H&R board. I called CS and was firm yet polite with them and I guess they listened to me and the other 100's (their words) who contacted them. I guess when the inevitable sales drop happens they'll realize just how important that forum was.
Thanks to Graybeard for giving us a new home and to you and Mac11700 for moderating.    :-)  

lik2hunt~~~~in OK
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"

www.dsheriff.org

Offline H&R BANG

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 04:22:19 PM »
What a shock!

I hope everyone finds their way here.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 04:24:09 PM »
Lik2Hunt,
  Glad to see you found your way here. I felt a void when I read the H+R/NEF post closing the site. Like you say a lot of information would be lost, but the real loss would be the friendships we've made there.
Don

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 04:41:17 PM »
Lik2hunt........glad to see ya!!

I registered on the Shotgun World forum just now, but I really think this will be my new first log on place now.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline 10ga.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 04:57:11 PM »
Quote from: Wlscott
Lik2hunt........glad to see ya!!

I registered on the Shotgun World forum just now, but I really think this will be my new first log on place now.

I seem to feel the same way. Without a dedicated H&R forum there was no one familiar to talk with(no offense but I don't think a guy with a $1500 O/U or a $800 autoloader would be interested in a guy with a "single shot" :grin: .
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline lik2hunt

• Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 02:42:08 AM »
My first gun was a Stevens Junior Model 20 ga. Mod choke single shot. I now own a Pardner 12 ga. and am going to add 20 ga. barrels to it soon.
I love the single shot shotgun principle, makes a heck of a bird hunter out of ya, not to mention a thick shouldered slugger. So I'm sure I'll enjoy the shotgunworld forum and this one equally. I was going to purchase a Handi or two but I wasn't so sure after the way they did us at the old forum but with the rebirth of our forum at this site I may go ahead with my plans now. Eventually I'm sure the same format will begin here that was at the old site, i.e. those who ask (that's me) and those who answer (that's most of the rest of ya). Without a forum to share info about the Handi and all the other H&R/NEF guns it just sorta took all the excitement out of owning one for me. Now I feel like I can still be a part of the family and feel confident that any problems I may have with a Handi or any other of their guns, you guys will be able to help me with. And as usual your responses will be friendly, accurate, and you all will be patient. Thanks again to Graybeard for opening this forum up to us and to our moderators and to all of you great H&R/NEF owners and shooters!  8)  :-)

John
lik2hunt~~~~in OK
lik2hunt------>in OK

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Glad Your Here
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 05:21:31 AM »
lik2hunt:

I'm glad you made it here,and couldn't agree more with you.When they closed down,it seemed ...no they did break up a large family..plain and simple.In time I'm sure most of the good guys that were there will wind up over here.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 05:40:14 AM »
Hi Guys nice to see you all. I wondered how long it would take for H&R to shut down. I ama moderator here on the hunting in NY site so stop by there also
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.