Author Topic: BLUNDERBUSS Build???  (Read 1614 times)

Offline EDELWEISS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
BLUNDERBUSS Build???
« on: October 17, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »
Ive wanted a Blunderbuss for years, and I started thinking why not have a "modern" version.  So What about starting with a single shot 12ga and adding a Blunderbuss profile barrel?  Now I dont have a clue who would do this kind of work; but Id buy one if somebody did...  Then all it would need would be a fancier hammer and release lever.

Any custom builders out there???

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: BLUNDERBUSS Build???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:13:56 AM »
Talk about an open choke!!!  Why not make it even more modern and just whack a 12 Gauge off at about 18.5 inches.  Trust me, it would be just as, if not more, devastating as the original.  Any self respecting Pilgram would love the rapid reload.  Of course you would need to get pretty close to get that turkey for dinner.  You could weld a funnel on the end of it for looks.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
 8) 8) 8)

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
Ive wanted a Blunderbuss for years, and I started thinking why not have a "modern" version.  So What about starting with a single shot 12ga and adding a Blunderbuss profile barrel?  Now I dont have a clue who would do this kind of work; but Id buy one if somebody did...  Then all it would need would be a fancier hammer and release lever.

Any custom builders out there???

Did you try Profino Industries? Link below:

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,266593.0.html

They also make ammo for blunderbusses. ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
Chop a 10 gauge to 18 1/2". That would be pretty close. I saw a novelty blunderbuss choke tube a while back and can't seem to find it now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:26:37 AM »
The choke tube you need is the Briley signature series "wabbit choke "

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline upnut

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 05:57:18 AM »
Chop a 10 gauge to 18 1/2". That would be pretty close. I saw a novelty blunderbuss choke tube a while back and can't seem to find it now.

I think you've confused a "slobberknocker" with a "blunderbuss".... ;) ...it can be a rather fine line... 8) ...Scott B.

Offline bikerbeans

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 06:51:24 AM »
http://www.briley.com/brileyfuddsignatureserieswabbitchoke.aspx

12 gauge only, says it is for any single barrel shotgun and can be shot, not just a decoration.

BB

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »
The 12ga only part brought a little tear to my eye.

Offline bikerbeans

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 05:42:24 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Got me to thinkin', never a good thing.  I have a couple Pardner 10 gauges and a friend with a scrapyard who just happens to have a trumpet I can have for free.  Now I wonder if I.......
 ::) 
BB

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »
my buddy made one with an air horn.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »
The choke tube you need is the Briley signature series "wabbit choke "

I almost choked when I saw that! ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Got me to thinkin', never a good thing.  I have a couple Pardner 10 gauges and a friend with a scrapyard who just happens to have a trumpet I can have for free.  Now I wonder if I.......
 ::) 
BB
Exciting news, with that announcement the share price of Profino Industries just went up by $0.02, in late day trading.  ::)   
BTW Profino Industries exclusive model "Wabbit Choke Blunderbuss", comes with a brass choke for that touch of elegance, and class.  12 Ga models only.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »
Gotta love it! Think of it as an external stub project, probably a trombone would work best, you could slot it to slide around the forearm lug and go all the way to the action on top. You could use tiny clips to attach electrical wires to it, set it on the end of the barrel, and have a quick detach light socket that would clip on to the recoil pad. It would appear to anyone as a decorator lamp, but in reality, when the home invasion occurred - voila! SUPERBUSS to the rescue!
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.