Author Topic: What is this Handi with a full stock?  (Read 765 times)

Offline rc51kid

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
What is this Handi with a full stock?
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
I saw this for sale add with this thing in it. What is it? is it factory or something some one made up?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/rc51kid/1344640950_0.jpg

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
Re: What is this Handi with a full stock?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »
It's rare. Go get it if you can

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
Just a mannlicher stock, there are a few floating around.  Wish one would float my way, as I like the look.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline rc51kid

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »
I would consider picing it up. But i want to chop my barrel down to 16.5".   I dont think that stock would work out to ewll for that unless i cut the stock. I think you guys would not like that to much.

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
I am sure that, if you bought it, someone here would gladly trade you a regular forearm for the Mannlicher forearm!

-Kees-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline SEK_22Hornet

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »
Just curious what caliber it is - I have one that is similar (mine has the forend tip instead of the barrel band and is a little slimmer profile) in 22 Hornet.  I have not seen one quite like the one you posted, but it reminds me of the Shikari stock somewhat (mid barrel band, but longer and no ramrod). 

Offline rc51kid

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
It is a 243. If i decide not to get it i will pas along the sale info. It is $200 asking price. They say the wood has a few marks in it. I have no connection to the seller at all.

In another thread i mention that i am looking at buying a used 243 with iron sights. This is not that gun. That one is a 243 youth model that a shop has.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »
That's prolly one of the mannicher forends that H&R offered on a special edition 45-70 at one time, the straight stock would be the clue that makes me think that. Also, several years ago Gardner found a bunch of the forends in the storage and offered them to us for $35 shipped IIRC, I put one on one of my 45-70s, they came with a plastic barrel band, but I chose not to use it due to the pressure it puts on the barrel, it shot great without it, never tried it with it.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »
I got one of the Gardner ones.  Tried it on several guns but did not like it.  It currently resides in my vault along with shortened Monti Carlo type Handi Stocks, and other things of interest.  No it's not for sale either.  I'll probably find a use for it someday.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.