Author Topic: Center Point Optics?  (Read 414 times)

Offline stevinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Center Point Optics?
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
Anybody ever try the center point red dots or scopes from wal mart?

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Center Point Optics?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:08:56 AM »
Bought the 4-16 centerpoint at Wal-Mart about 4 years ago when on way home from buying a sporterized military surplus rifle that I needed a cheap scope for.  Guess its been on over 7 rifles since then, all centerfires.  It is my spare scope to put on a new rifle to shoot it while I leisurely shop around for a better scope.  Optics in it nothing to brag about. Own a fair number of inexpensive scopes and I consider my Center Points optics inferior to them.  To me, its optics are not as clear and bright as my other inexpensive scopes. What is inexpensive to me, a scope priced between $80 to  $180.    Also, you'd better be able to center your eye well in its rear lens.   Windage/elevation and other adjustments are decent.  Like its turrets.  Lots of rounds have been fired downrange at targets with it mounted on rifles from a .223 to a 30-06.  Darn thing seems bullet proof and I've confidence in it holding zero.

Recommend you google Center Point scope review, you should find lots of comments about it on various gun forums.