Author Topic: f-class scope  (Read 390 times)

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
f-class scope
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
I have been shooting from a bench @ 300 yards regularly now. I have 2 rigs I can use for f-class want to give it a try. 260 remington that I have loads worked up for & a 6BR that I just got & am in the process of working up a load for. I have beed looking at scopes & really am not sure what I want. Have not been to a match recently, I guess I should go & check out what is being used.
I have a
 Sightron 10-50x60 SIII 30mm tube fine crosshair on the 260 I was looking at a 12-42 x54 (NP-R2 or CH2 retical) nightforce benchrest scope for the 6 br

What are your thoughts
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline SharonAnne

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: f-class scope
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »
I am not familiar with the Sightron. The 5.5-22 Nightforce is popular for F class from what I have read. The 12-42 should work even better if the glass is the same quality. What is your opinion of the Sightron glass clarity compared to the Nightforce glass clarity?

I recently read about a club starting a F-AR15 class to try to bring some AR15 shooters out of the closet/safe and out to the range. It looks pretty good. I plan to build an 'F-AR15'. I don't have a lot of money to build it. About $2,000 total. It looks like I will have about $6-700 for the scope. I have seen the Bushnell 4.3-30X50. With the 30X it is about the highest power I can afford to keep my total cost around $2K.
Any opinions?
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson