Author Topic: H&R CEO Mailing Address  (Read 698 times)

Offline JPH45

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R CEO Mailing Address
« on: February 09, 2004, 04:19:31 PM »
I'm sure more than a few of us have sent emails to H&R complaining about the turn of recent events. Here is an address to the CEO of H&R. A handwritten letter to him could well have the decision weighed in a different light.

Of course, be polite, but be sure to tell him what the site meant ot you as a member and as a consumer. Many of you spoke of not making a decision to buy an H&R/NEF untill you read the board. The CEO needs to know this, and he needs to know what kind of marketing tool the board and site really is.

When I joined I was member 1238 (or something like that) That was a year ago. There were almost 4000 members when the board was shut down, and Marlin talk was over 12000 6 months ago. As much as we may like it here, nowhere near the people shooting H&R's will find us, and no where near as many will know just how good these little rifles are. That would be a shame, for us and H&R

Mr. Robert Chipman
60 Industrial Rowe
Gardner, MA 01440
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
H&R CEO Mailing Address
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 03:33:34 AM »
JPH, I agree that the CEO needs to know what a mistake they made.  But at the same time, I can't help but think that even if they reinstated that board, WOULD I EVEN WANT TO GO BACK???  I like it here.  This is a nicer board with tons more features.  Not to mention all the other categories.

I think no matter what H&R does now, they've cut their own throats as far as the board is concerned.

Just my $.02
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
H&R CEO Mailing Address
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 03:42:15 AM »
Wlscott well said. Even if they reinstate the board I have found a home here and will not leave. There is so much knowlege here you do not know were to start reading first. I'm proud to be part of the GBO family and glad we H&R guys have a forum of our own. :-D

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
number of old members
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 03:33:03 AM »
:o  Thinking of the numbers of members at the old H&R site ( I thought is was in excess of 3,500 but was not sure)  I went back to check. The H&R site had 4,312 a couple of days ago and as of right now, 2//11/04, has 4,318 members with the last registered yesterday, 2/10/04 ( people are still rigistering not knowing it's closed). I checked the Marlin site and it shows 14,772 members with the last also registered 2/10/04!!  I will try to contact those newly registered members directing them here....<><.... :-)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline 10ga.

• Avid Poster
H&R CEO Mailing Address
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 01:35:36 PM »
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN
Wlscott well said. Even if they reinstate the board I have found a home here and will not leave. There is so much knowlege here you do not know were to start reading first. I'm proud to be part of the GBO family and glad we H&R guys have a forum of our own. :-D

BBF

BBF...

I feel the same way.  To our new home...

:toast:
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline JPH45

H&R CEO Mailing Address
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 02:23:27 PM »
I am with BBF, I see little point to returning to the old site, what has been cannot be again. We can only hope that Marlin/H&R/NEF realizes they have SITMK (PM me and I will explain if you can't figure that out) I have never thought their product is the best out there, nor have I ever thought it the worst. I do think that those that made up the old Talk Bord are some of the best people around, and I give my thanks to Graybeards for making a place here that allows the continuation of friendships begun there.

Got my new Lee mold and dies for my 45-70, and will be posting on them over the weekend.

Cast some up tonight, and will be making up some loads tommorow night.  See you around, JP
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc