Author Topic: Finally got my rifle  (Read 607 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Finally got my rifle
« on: February 09, 2004, 08:50:17 AM »
I decided to get a 45-70. I placed the order 2 weeks ago. I got a call friday to tell me it was in. I went to pick it up. It was a synthetic not laminated. I really didn't care. It was beautiful. I got it home and gave it a real good cleaning. I haven't got to the range yet. that will be this sat. I'm so happy that I know I'll probably be at the range before sun-up to make sure I get the spot I want. I'll be using the coreloks 300 grainers. I'll will really be glad to sight it in. I'll say one thing, that is one heavy little rifle. Hope that will help on the recoil. I was going to let you know this before until the other site shocked me by closing down. I feel that they had a good thing going, but maybe they didn't feel that way. Wel l anyway, that's a done deal.
Mrs. Graybeard, thank you for welcoming me to the website. I got kinda used to these guys and when the other site closed down abruptly, I felt kinda of alone. Thank you scruffy, for letting people know where you went               TOMMY
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
Finally got my rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 08:55:20 AM »
TOMMYY01 good choice on the 45-70. Enjoy that new rifle.  :grin:

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Deadeye47

Finally got my rifle
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 08:57:05 AM »
HooAhhh! :lol:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline .308

• Contributor
Finally got my rifle
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 09:12:31 AM »
KA-Boooom :eek:

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Finally got my rifle
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 01:17:14 PM »
Tommy01,
  There you go, you get a new rifle, you get all worked up about it, and then theres no forum so you can share your excitement with the guys. Well you got to share it here thanks to GBO and the work of several former forum members. I just got a 45/70 last week, so I know how you feel. Keep us informed about your day at the range. I'd be interested in how that load works for you. Glad to see ya! :D
Don