Author Topic: Building a 1:4 M1857 Napoleon, need plans/drawing of wheels  (Read 750 times)

Offline neros

• Trade Count: (0)
Building a 1:4 M1857 Napoleon, need plans/drawing of wheels
« on: February 09, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
Hi all..

I have decided that my next build will be a Napoleon 12 pounder, and I have some basic drawings of the carriage but would like to
get my hands on some detailed drawings of the wheels.  If any of you have a complete set of plans to share I would be very happy, but its basicly the wheels I need..

I am aware of AOP, and if they only would accept credit cards I would shop like crazy, but unfortunally they dont  :'(

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
Re: Building a 1:4 M1857 Napoleon, need plans/drawing of wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
neros,
Gosh, just mail them a check.  Those are the drawings you need.
Are you talking about full scale?  A Napoleon sits on a #2 carriage.  Much heavier than a #1.
Bite the bullet and send a check. :P
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline neros

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
No,not full scale, it will be a 1:4 scale... Not so easy to send a check from Norway,  not sure that anyone is still using checks up here anymore  ;)  And to issu an money order to the US would proberly cost more than the plans itself  ::)

So yes, I would love to buy the AOP plans, but they sure dont make it easy for us outside the US..

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »
Neros,

Check your  email, I have a way to help you get the AOP plans.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
Neros,
I don't remember if it was from northern Europe or England etc., but I seem to recall that a member from another country thought it was going to be difficult to order from AOP, and it turned out to be not that big of an ordeal. Why not contact them to find out if they have any suggestions?

AUTHENTIC CANNON DRAWINGS
NEW for 2012  *
2012 - 1
Antique Ordnance Publishers
PO Box 610434   Port Huron, MI  48061
Tel: 810 987-7749   Cell: 810 444-9710   email: AOrdP434@comcast.net

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline neros

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »
Double D is helping me out with my purchase..  :)    This is a build I have wanted to do for years, but the lack of plans have halted the procsess. But with a good set of pans, and some creative jigs Iˋm no longer worrid to take on this build. There is so much work involved building the wheels that it would be a shame to build them "out of scale and detail".  This 1:4 model is going to be more of a static model that will be used for shooting blanks on rare ocations, so the need for beefing up the carriage for live shooting will not be called for.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
Sounds good, neros. A lot of folks here (including myself) would enjoy watching your progress, especially the wheels. Good luck with the build.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.